EAD in Detroit INS

hillbilly

Registered Users (C)
All,

My wife's I-485 has been transferred to Detroit INS office. (My case was approved more than a month ago) She needs an EAD soon. When I was filling the form yesterday night, I found out that if a case has been transferred to a local INS office, one needs apply the EAD over there.

Any info about these type of cases? I know that Detroit office can process EAD, so will they give it right away? Thanks in advance,

Hillbilly

How do you know when a case gets transferred for an
interview. Do you know from the AVM or do you get a notice in the mail. And Sorry I have no info about your particular situation
NSC EB3 LIN-01-257-

Same Situation as yours

My 485 and EAD both got transferred to local ins last week. I called local INS office in Detroit, and they told me as long as 90 days have passed since I applied my EAD, they will issue for me. I don't think they accept walk-in's for EAD. They issue only if 90 days have passed, but better check with your attorney.
Good Luck.

in my case @ Detroit........

Myself and and my wife applied for EAD and AP at Detroit INS for the renewal through company lawyer around 3 weeks back. Last Friday, we received in mail our AP with 2 copies (one with photo and one without) each. Original (first) AP's were 3 copies (2 with photo one without) each from NSC.

Still waiting for the EAD from Detroit. The cases are still with NSC not local Detroit and the company lawyer did not even try filing the renewals at the service center. According to him, Detroit is faster. This is exception to the rules I usually found in this board about Detroit local center that it will accept EAD/AP only after it passes 90 days of receipt with the service center.

I will post once I hear on EAD the whereabouts at Local INS.

ZZ