EAD in 90 days??

Ashwarai

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My husband has filled for 485 on Oct 21st 2002(ie Notice Date), so according to that on 21st of Jan 2003 we complete 90 days and should get our EAD. This is the first time application.

I had called up the Texas center and the agent there told me that it is taking more than 90 days & she said that it will be another 2 months before I get the EAD, I asked her if I could get a temporary EAD from the local INS office to that she said that I cannot get one & will have to wait for it.

This is making me worried a lot......... Of what I understood is that one can get a interim EAD from local INS office, but she says that interim EAD is not for first time applicants.

Please reply to this query.

Thanks a lot.

interim EAD is not for first time applicants. --- This statement is not true as far as i know the rules .
I got the iEAD from the Local INS about a week ago but not from where u r located .
Now i spoke to one lawyer and he said that if your security check has been done by INS then only they will give u iEAD ...mine was done i suppose as i got it the same day from local INS .
Better if u can go one day to INS u will get a better picture .
The person whom u talked gave a statement that "interim EAD is not for first time applicants" is a surprise as iEAD has nothing to do with this and first time applicants has to get iEAD after 90 days ..
i would recommend just call once more and see whats the feedback or just go to the office

Hope this helps

Thanks Karora for your reply……….

There are 2 things which I wanted to know.

1) What is this security check? I am not clear on that one. Can it be done by going to the local INS office.Is it something part of the application?

2)You mentioned that you got your iEAD from the locak INS but not from where I am located. Well I am in the state of Alabama so can it be done from there.Do I go there when 90 days are over?

I appreciate you reply. Thanks once again.

1) What is this security check? I am not clear on that one. Can it be done by going to the local INS office.Is it something part of the application?

This security i heard was just additional check to be performed which cannot be performed by local INS ...this is what i heard from a lawyer whom i visited. i donot know in details sorry

2)You mentioned that you got your iEAD from the locak INS but not from where I am located. Well I am in the state of Alabama so can it be done from there.Do I go there when 90 days are over?

where ever u stay in USA just go to the nearest Local INS with your WAC no proof like say ( receipt document of I-765 -- this i took it -- this u or your company might have received when INS received your EAD papers)
they will see your wac no in computer and then later ask for identity proof like driver's license ...better take passport also..

hope this helps ...just go to INS ...they handle it very well ...so donot worry about it ....

Re: karora1986 - Question?

You have indicated that you received a same day I-EAD at a local office.

PORTLAND

Re: karora1986 - Question?

You have indicated that you received a same day I-EAD at a local office.
PORTLAND

TSC has been issuing EADs at around 100th day from RD. All EAD applicants- first or second or third can try for interim EAD at the local INS office. Same day service is no longer assured to first time filers. But I have known some in florida who got their EAD after a week from the walk in.