EAD hassel!!!

whiterose_lover

Registered Users (C)
HI All,
I hope you won't be so lucky like me.

I received my EAD card on Sat. and found The date of Birth in the card is wrong. My laywer said that she can mail my card back for correction but not sure how long will it take....

Does anyone has the experience of sending your EAD card back for correction? How long will it take to get the corret EAD cause my H1 will expire in 01/2003.

Please give me a hint.... Thank you so much

Also, I am worried that this error will reflect on green card too...
Please give me a hand....

:mad:

My 2 cents

From my conversations with IIO - when my Card was returned un-delivered. IIO's it seems - just follow up with the EAD clerks. First speak with IIO and see if you have to return or new card can be issued w/o submittin this one. Next, keep IIO's name and log of conversations. Each time you speak w/ IIO, they submit request, and it gets processed in the FIFO order at EAD clerk's desk. There are only 2 clerks and they normally take long vacation when holidays come. (thereby resulting in slower processing of requests)

In my case - attorney said - if card is not recieved by me, and INS have mailed it, then it is considered lost in mail, and we have to apply for new EAD. I had similar situation like yours, H1 Expiring, i couldnt risk applying another one. My company accepted the approval notice, and i kept working on it, kept talking to IIO with my H1 expired. finally i recieved EAD card in about 5 months after approval. Hope you dont go thru same, but if IIOs say - they can issue another one, then just wait. Its just matter of time.
Also, how does it matter of DOB is errored on card. I dont think there is any system with EDD or anywhere where DOB from EAD gets registered or used later on.
Just my 2 cents. good luck.

Sumkap, thank you

Five Month! That is a long time!

I really don't think it is a good idea to send it back.
Actually I talked to INS this morning. He said he will send me information about correcting errors.

He seemed so busy while talking to me. I wondered his job responsibilities : to serve coworkers or callers-- put me on hold an then said he will mail me information about how to deal with error. Why should I call INS if I just want a peice of paper!!!

Please give me some suggestions. I guess probaly I sould keep this infected-EAD cards for now???

:mad:

Try to go to your local INS office to see if they can give you a temp one or replace one! Once you applied to CSC for 90 days and have not received one you can always use your EAD receipt to local INS office to get a temp one, I got mine and it's actually not a temp, it last for one year!! and after two months later I received one from CSC. Remember always bring other necessary documents like 485 receipt.

Good luck

Hog

another concern

Dear All,
If I keep this EAD card with wrong birthdate, will there be any problem if I use this card to find a new job after my H1 expired?

hog's advice is great.

My friend went to local INS office and got his temp one which
last one year without extra charge after 90 day waiting for
EAD. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you

Thank you hog and GodBlessForever,

It is really a good idea to go to local office.
I am sure will go there sometime this week.
For San Jose,
is this the address?
1887 Montery Road
San Jose

I will bring whatever documents I have.
Thank you so much!
Do I have to reach there before 6:00 AM to make sure I can get a number on the same day nowadays?

Thank you so much for your precious suggestion!

:)

SJ INS office

The address is correct, it's behind "Gold's Gym".

Public Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday, 7:00 AM to 12:00 Noon

Please note, the Thursday will be half day, if you can't get there before 4, then forget it. (I made mistake on Thursday :( ) If you can get there by 5am in the morning, you will be OK to get the number, however, the earlier, the better.

Good Luck!

EAD card hassel

Hi,
I has a more severe problem with my EAD card (my signature was wrong). I went to the local INS office in SAN Jose and they said they can't issue a new corrected card and it should go to the place where it was issued.
It seems that local office only issues interim EAD if it is not approved in 90 days but it does not do any correction for the EAD card which is already approved.

My lawyer also said that I have to send the original EAD card if I want the corrected one, but I haven't sent it back as there is risk and I don't know how long INS will take.

Arun

venesaz, thank you

venesaz
Thank you for your valuable opinion. I will go there anyday except Thrusday.

for whoever go there to get interm EAD:
When you go to INS in Sna Jose, did they ask you to submit photos again? I guess probablr I have to prepare photos in case they ask again???

Thank you so much for your suggestions.:eek:

I agree 100% with Arun

INS may issue iEAD incase it is not approved in 90 days. But for an already approved EAD, i dont think they will issue one. You may try and let us know, if they do.

Hi Arun

Hope you don't have the same situation like me that after 01/2003 I can only count on this infected-EAD card. Do you?

what are you going to deal with your EAD, any suggestion?

:(

I have my h1

Hi,
My h1 is already expired and I have filed for extension so I don't think i will have to use it in near future. But i was thinking of taking a second opinion about whether I can just send the copy of EAD card to INS and keep the original one with me just in case.

Does anyone knows any good lawyer i should contact? (who charges reasonably)?

Arun

Status after returning EAD for correction?

Hi All,
I figured out the main problem of haing any error on the EAD card.
If we return the EAD card to INS, does INS revoke this card and assign a new number or just give a new card with different WAC number? In this case, looks like they won't assign a new number because we didn't pay another $120..., Which means the EAD is still under Approved status?!!!

Any one has this experience?
Suggestion needed, please!

:(

My decision

After talk to laywer. She confirmed that even I mail EAD card, I am still can retain my I-765 approved status. So I gave EAD card back to my laywer for the correction process.
Laywer also told me that as long as I file my H1 extention, I can keep on working in the current. I will wait until December to see any changes at that time and decide whether to extent my H1.

Good Luck to all of us.
;)

Why do you need to extend your H1 status while you already have a valid EAD ? Its sure is a waste of money in my opinion. I am surprised that your lawyer said "as long as I file my H1 extention, I can keep on working in the current" (job).

NV2001

-I read the laywer's copy of approval form for I-765 which showed that only EAD card is valid for company to process change of staus of from h1 to PR. I have copies of EAD card but not the real EAD card. It would be a problem if employer is picky. Also, information on EAD card is wrong, I am not sure what will happen if I use this EAD card for my second job... If I find a job and failed because of the wrong info on EAD card... I don't want it happen on me.

-I also noticed the change on H1 regulations several months ago from Murthy's website said about H1. As long as your H1 application sent out, you can start work right away...

:)