EAD / H1-B / GC Doubt

karora1986

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am on H1-B and waiting for my EAD .

(1) can i change my employer after getting EAD during H1-B Transfer .In this case will my EAD remain valid and the GC process will continue as usual.
(2) Shall i be required to Apply for new EAD and start my GC process again if i do H1-B Transfer .

(3) Whats if later after i do my H1 Transfer GC gets rejected .Does my new H1 status remain valid .

In general if i want to do H1 Transfer and not use my EAD to change employer what are the pros and cons

Appreciate if someone guides me on this .
Thanks in advance

Kamal
karora1986@yahoo.com
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
1)After you get your EAD, you can change jobs after 6 months with same job responsibilities.

2)Depends on whether your old employer agrees to support the petition on future employment basis.

3)If you are on H1 and your GC gets rejected, you are still in status and work on H1.

Originally posted by Coolboy
1)After you get your EAD, you can change jobs after 6 months with same job responsibilities.

2)Depends on whether your old employer agrees to support the petition on future employment basis.

3)If you are on H1 and your GC gets rejected, you are still in status and work on H1.

Hi thanks for the response ....one doubt ..6 months after i start my 485 process or 6 months after i actually get my EAD.

Thanks,