EAD from Arlington office

wait-to-GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,

If anyone has recently applied for interim EAD from Arlington office, can you pls tell how long did it take and what is the procedure.

Thanks

For people in Northern VA which office

Hi ,

I may be wrong saying Arlington office, I am in northen VA, pls if anyone can help regarding enterim EAD issue and which office do I need to go.

Thanks

In DC area INS Office(arlington) they don't issue i-ead on same day.They give a date to come back after 40-50 days. On that day they issue i-ead.

vahope4gc

Does that mean that after you file for your EAD and wait for 90 days to go to the local office, you would have to wait for another 40-50 days to get the iEAD? So a total of 130-140 days to get an iEAD?

you got right. They give that 40-50 days appointment only if your EAD is pending more than 90 days. So total time would 90 days plus those 40-50 days.

I can understand the feeling but that is how this crap work in arlington office

Actually, someone had replied to my similar question last week and I think he got it the same day. So, I guess it is just one's luck, as always!

One more question - can we go in on anyday or do they entertain walk-ins only on wednesdays?

I think you could go any day before 9:30 AM , as I once went with my wife for her intrim EAD on a Thrusday afternoon. However, the officer asked us go back again the next day before 9:30 AM for an appointment.

fyi.. we did not go back again, instead called the National Customer Service Center and she got her EAD with in a month.

I got a Walk In Interim EAD issued from the Arlington, VA last week. They only do EAD's on Wednesdays. My advice would be to go in at about 1:30 pm. The process is a bit haphazard - someone comes into the room and hands out handwritten tickets/numbers around 2. The arrival time really doesn't seem to matter - folks standing closer to the door got lower numbers the day I went. However, long story short - they call in appointments at 2:00 and 2:30. After they are done, they call in the Walk Ins based on the number issued. Per my understanding, if you get a ticket, they will process your iEAD (unless you have an RFE on pending applications).

The funny thing is that they don't seem to want to advertise that they do walk in EAD's. If you ask them, all they say is that you can 'try'...

So, MGI, did you get it the same day or did you have to go back? Also, can we go in the morning on wednesdays?

There isn't a need to go in the morning. You would have to wait till the afternoon anyways coz. that is the only time they do EAD's. I would recommend going at about 1:30 or so on Wednesday afternoon. They give out numbers again in the afternoon so going in the morning will not establish any kind of priority.