EAD for wife

vinsus

Registered Users (C)
My H1 Visa is expiring in Oct 2004. I have filed for I 485 in July 2004. I plan to get my EAD in Oct 2004. My wife is on an H4 Visa and it is expiring in Oct 2004 when my 6 year Do I need to apply for an EAD for my wife too? She does not plan to work ; is an EAD required for her to keep the immigration status after Oct 2004 or I should plan to apply for an EAD for my wife too even if she doesn't plan to work.

Any views on this matter would be appreciated.

You wife needs EAD to work only. But you need 7th year H4 extension or Advance Parol to maintain legal status. It is better that you get your 7th year H1 and H4 extension if you are still working for the GC sponsor.

I do not know ifAdvance Parole is a valid document to maintain the status after 6 years

yes pending 485 should be enough. whats status of ur 140?
r u working on EAD now? i guess if ur working on EAD which came
from GC sponsoring company then u r legally safe.

AP is only for travel outside US. If I was u i would have valid AP
for me and spouse just in case...

U can also consider 7th yr extension of H1 and H4 based on pending

Didn't check this thread didn't think anybody would answer. Thanks.
I filed concurrently EB1 A I-140/I-485/EAD on 24 of August 2004. I don't have case number yet. I don't know, approaching 30 days and no answer yet. I have no idea what is going on because I sent money orders, not personal checks. So I don't know what is and where. Have to wait patiently at least for the reciet number.
And as for work.. I am on H1B at the moment, but it expires in November. I still have a year and a half to go until 6 years. I like the idea of working with EAD better than depending on employer with H1B. But I have to get EAD before the end of November. Everybody seems to at least have their reciet numbers. Why does everybody get theirs so fast? Do you know if it is normal?