EAD for I-30 petition spouse abroad

Cocorea

Hi,

I am a Canadian citizen and my US-born husband has filed a I-30 petition for a spouse living abroad. Is it possible to apply for work authorization before I receive the green card? Is there an adjustment of status that can be done at any point? I see the full process can take 10 to 13 months. We chose not to file the application while in the US for medical reasons. But we just want to know if there are any scenarios of obtaining work authorization while filing abroad that tend to get overlooked.

Thanks in advice.

Adjustment of Status is only for people who are in the US. If you are abroad, then you will do Consular Processing abroad, and you will not be in the US until you get your immigrant visa. So why would you need work authorization? When you enter the US with your immigrant visa, you will immediately be a permanent resident (i.e. immediately "have a green card") and can work without restriction.

Has the petition been filed? Your other thread was worded "USC would like to sponsor their Canadian spouse".

Has TN been ruled out? It was inquired about a few months ago. That could make the EAD question moot.

Has the petition been filed? Your other thread was worded "USC would like to sponsor their Canadian spouse".

Has TN been ruled out? It was inquired about a few months ago. That could make the EAD question moot.
Hi, yes. the petition has been filed from Canada. No. the TN isn't an option in this instance.

Thanks,