EAD for Asylee Children

Abhatti

Hi,

Could i please get some documentation guidance on how to apply for EAD for my wife and children (under 18) ? What and how exactly to do it? any checklist ?

I will be applying EAD for myself next month but i want to apply for my wife and children (under 18 too) so they may get their own social security

Thanks

I am not sure about this one. Pending asylee EADs (category C08 EADs) are available to people who filed I-589 for asylum who have had it pending for at least one year (unless you are covered by the injunction in which case it would be 150 days). If your dependents are just listed on your I-589, and didn't file their own I-589s as principal applicants themselves, I am not sure they would qualify for pending asylee EADs.

I am not sure about this one. Pending asylee EADs (category C08 EADs) are available to people who filed I-589 for asylum who have had it pending for at least one year (unless you are covered by the injunction in which case it would be 150 days). If your dependents are just listed on your I-589, and didn't file their own I-589s as principal applicants themselves, I am not sure they would qualify for pending asylee EADs.
there can only be one principal applicant, kids cannot claim asylum if underage when there's a parent , speak to your lawyer i would love to know more too

there can only be one principal applicant, kids cannot claim asylum if underage when there's a parent , speak to your lawyer i would love to know more too

This part is pretty clear on ASAP website

https://asylumadvocacy.org/work-permits-for-asap-members/

"
Q: Can I apply for a work permit for my child?

Yes, you can apply for a work permit for your child if they are included in your pending asylum application or have their own pending asylum application, regardless of how young they are.

The government allows any children of ASAP members who are 21 or younger to submit proof of their parent’s membership along with evidence establishing a parent-child relationship, such as a copy of the child’s birth certificate. For specific instructions see the second “alert” USCIS website.

I am looking at I-765 and unlike I-589 I cannot see any way to indicate the applicant is a dependent. Can anyone please advice how to do it?

I am looking at I-765 and unlike I-589 I cannot see any way to indicate the applicant is a dependent. Can anyone please advice how to do it?

You need to provide an identity document (such as birth certificate) which states relationship between you and your children. That would suffice

Remember, each family member will have its own EAD application

you, spouse, children everyone with separate EAD application
you are spot on , you can apply for kids, am about to renew for my entire family, its gonna cost about $2000, so am prayerfully hoping for my interview and approval so i get the fee waived.

you are spot on , you can apply for kids, am about to renew for my entire family, its gonna cost about $2000, so am prayerfully hoping for my interview and approval so i get the fee waived.

Assuming if your wife and kids do not work , and you do not need to renew their work permit

Means, you can renew work permit for yourself only and thus save one third of money

What will happen to the "social security" of your wife and kids ? Will social security also expire if you do not renew their EADs ?

The scenario is that they may not need EADs since they do not work , but they will need social security numbers for different reasons

Assuming if your wife and kids do not work , and you do not need to renew their work permit

Means, you can renew work permit for yourself only and thus save one third of money

What will happen to the "social security" of your wife and kids ? Will social security also expire if you do not renew their EADs ?

The scenario is that they may not need EADs since they do not work , but they will need social security numbers for different reasons
The challege with that is my d just got into college, so she needs it for her DL, my s hopes to start driving by Dec ; he will need to have it for a permit , its just easier doing it all together rather than wait, best case scenario and God willing is interview and approval before the EAD becomes due within the 180days threshold...

Thanks tho, i wish the process was alot more family friendly

The challege with that is my d just got into college, so she needs it for her DL, my s hopes to start driving by Dec ; he will need to have it for a permit , its just easier doing it all together rather than wait, best case scenario and God willing is interview and approval before the EAD becomes due within the 180days threshold...

I understand,

But if you choose not to renew EAD for your kids, will they still have a valid social security ?

I understand,

But if you choose not to renew EAD for your kids, will they still have a valid social security ?
Once issued, Social Security Numbers stay with you for life, regardless of how your status may change, whether you even have status at all, or whether you are even in the US.

Driver's license requirements vary by state. What state are you guys in?