EAD for a Dependant of a pending asylum principal applicant

Jamesons

Good evening Sir. I believe this meets you well.

My wife entered the US in December 2016 and sought and applied for asylum in January 2017. She got a receipt/notification in mid Jan 2017. I was included in that application but I was not in the US then. She did her fingerprint/biometrice in Feb 2017 and has gotten her EAD and Driver License in the last quarter of 2017. She is waiting for the asylum interview. When I joined her in September, she sent in amended application to include me as a derivative. She also submitted a cover letter appealing that i should be accorded this same priority date as hers (i.e. Jan 2017). The amended application has been submitted and I recieved notice of action to go for fingerprinting/biometrics. I did so end of November 2017.

My question is that can I now apply for an Employment Authorisation Document?

Yes you can apply for EAD as you are added in Asylum Application and your date for EAD eligibility is same as your wife EAD eligibility which is 150 days from original submission date.

@Crazysoul.

Thank you so much for the response, I do appreciate.

So in essence (even though I just got included in the application in October 2017, as I arrived in the U.S. end of September 2017), the same priority date/receipt date for a principal applicant applies to all its dependents irrespective of when they are included on the application. Especially for the 180 EAD Clock thing, right? So far the application is still pending.

Hi I still have a pending case in my asylum since dec. 2015 till now. My husband and son still in the middle east, is there a posibility they can go here in California while waiting my interview schedule so we can be together ? And if there is any , what is the process , pls advise, thanks

Hi I still have a pending case in my asylum since dec. 2015 till now. My husband and son still in the middle east, is there a posibility they can go here in California while waiting my interview schedule so we can be together ? And if there is any , what is the process , pls advise, thanks
Unless there is some emergency situation, they will have to wait until your asylum case is approved.

Unless there is some emergency situation, they will have to wait until your asylum case is approved.
Can you please explain that. what about if there are an emergency situation and their lives in danger. Is there is a way to bring them to the United States while the other family member still waiting for the asylum interview or decision before getting approved?