EAD & Extension......

rayman6

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Pls advise-

If ur lc is cleared and 140 is in progress with 485 and u hv an EAD in hand, are there any issues in getting the 1 yr extension? Also, do u need to get the extension irrespective of hv an EAD in hand?

I read from other threads that its advisable not to make use of EAD until 140 is approved? However, can my spouse use the EAD? Im not in a position where i will be changing my employer and nor my employer is going to revoke/withdraw my 140.

Pls respond. I hv arnd 6 mos left on H1 and am on a RFE on 140 (NSC-education) and going to file the 485 anytime. (EB2) :eek:

regds

rayman6 said:
Folks,

Pls advise-

If ur lc is cleared and 140 is in progress with 485 and u hv an EAD in hand, are there any issues in getting the 1 yr extension?
Your LC PD should be 365 old at thime when you apply for H1 7th year extension.
Also, do u need to get the extension irrespective of hv an EAD in hand?
No, you do not have to, but it is recommended to get 7th year ext.
I read from other threads that its advisable not to make use of EAD until 140 is approved? However, can my spouse use the EAD?
Same reason apply to your spouse, if s/he use EAD, then H4 is not valid anymore. If something happen to 140/485 and it is denied/revoked, your spouse do not have a backup to save the status.
Im not in a position where i will be changing my employer and nor my employer is going to revoke/withdraw my 140.
Good that you have confidence in your employer. I will suggest you wait untill you get your 140 approved, thendecide if you/ your spouse want to use EAD.
If you have the confidence that your 140/485 will not be denied, then you/your spouse can start using EAD.
Pls respond. I hv arnd 6 mos left on H1 and am on a RFE on 140 (NSC-education) and going to file the 485 anytime. (EB2) :eek:

regds

Thx Eric.

1. q- How do u not use the EAD? ie . What is the proceudre to use EAD- for eg u apply for a job and u show the ead and give such details to the employer.....

Im naive on these matters.............