EAD Extension

jeans

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

My EAD is expiring in May 2004. I got my I-140 approved.
Can any one please let me know , what is the procedure to apply for an extension of EAD and the time limit before which i should apply for extension?

Thanks for your help in advance.

always Apply EAD , AP 5-6 months advance

your EAD is expiring in May 2004 you must apply for EAD renewal ASAP. you need valid H1 or valid EAD for work
Fill up the form I-765, attach your I-485 filing receipt, top portion that you got with earlier EAD, USCIS fess $120, 2 photographs,copy of current EAD (front and back) if you have I-140 filing receipt or I-140 approval notice you can also attach that send it to service center
** if service center NSC or VSC then also send color copy of your passport first page that has your photograph, DOB AND color copy of your driving license .

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD and advance payroll extension

Jinnu ,

Thank you .
I have one question though.
At the back of my EAD extension reciept , INS has mentioned that, if we want to extend the EAD ,
we should use form I-90 . Can you please let me know how this procedure is different from the one you suggested above ?

Also , my Advance payroll hets expired in May , do i have to extend that as well ? if so what is the procedure ? please let me know.

Thanks.

I have one question though.
At the back of my EAD extension reciept , INS has mentioned that, if we want to extend the EAD ,
we should use form I-90 . Can you please let me know how this procedure is different from the one you suggested above ?
---- I-90 is used to extend Green Card for EAD you need to fill up form I-765, if confused go to your lawyer

Also , my Advance payroll hets expired in May , do i have to extend that as well ? if so what is the procedure ? please let me know.
---- AP is not renewed or extended, file for new AP. Fill up form I-131, USCIS fees 110, 2 photographs, I-485 filing copy

THank you.

One more question .
How good is new electronic filing procedure for EAD extension ?
Are there any major difficulties roadblocks in this procedure ?

How fast is this process compared to paper filing ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by jeans
Hi ,

My EAD is expiring in May 2004. I got my I-140 approved.
Can any one please let me know , what is the procedure to apply for an extension of EAD and the time limit before which i should apply for extension?

apply EAD renewal ASAP Fill up the form I-765, attach your I-485 filing receipt, top portion that you got with earlier EAD, USCIS fess $120, 2 photographs,copy of current EAD (front and back) if you have I-140 filing receipt or I-140 approval notice you can also attach that send it to service center
** if service center NSC or VSC then also send color copy of your passport first page that has your photograph, DOB AND color copy of your driving license

*** you need valid EAD to work or valid H1 for work
Thanks for your help in advance.

THank you.

One more question .
How good is new electronic filing procedure for EAD extension ?
Are there any major difficulties roadblocks in this procedure ?

How fast is this process compared to paper filing ?

Thanks.

Your EAD is expiring inMay 04 which means your timings are not so good ....
Do E-file it will give you RD/ND rightaway. and then go to local INS and get pictures done and send supporting docs to ur service center btw what is ur service center. check the timing there to see if you can get ur ead renewed b4 1st expires....

all i can say is if its ain't NSC then u ain't lucky.... be prepared to talk to ur employer about time period from epiration of ur EAD till reneal or Iead.

good luck... & you need to check consttantly with your lawyer or this site more often to avoid the kind of situation u r in.

Thank you.

I have one more question.
My Advance payroll is expiring in May 2004 . Is there any procedure where i can renew my AP ?
Is there any online procedure / application like EAD extension for AP as well ?

Thanks,

My Advance payroll is expiring in May 2004 . Is there any procedure where i can renew my AP?
--- AP is not renewed you have to apply for new AP, fill up form I-131, pay USCIS fees $110, 2 photographs and attach copy of past AP and copy of I-485 filing receipt. Apply for AP 6 months advance
Is there any online procedure / application like EAD extension for AP as well ?
--- no online for AP

Hi ginnu,
If we apply for second AP, which I mean, before current AP expires,did they issue new AP from the old AP expiry date or thier date of new AP approval?.
Do we need to enclose a copy of current AP, while applying for the second(new)AP?
Please let us know.
Thanks.

If we apply for second AP, which I mean, before current AP expires,did they issue new AP from the old AP expiry date or thier date of new AP approval?.

----- New date when they approve
Do we need to enclose a copy of current AP, while applying for the second(new)AP?
----- better attach copy of earlier AP