EAD Extension Unique problem/Question

Gd2005

Current Situation: I have my EAD expiring Oct 11, 2005. Our attorney just sent all the renewal documents last Friday(Aug5, 2005). I have my I-140 approved a year ago and waiting for I-485. In the meantime, I got a full-time offer from another company and using AC21 option, I want to join them.

Questions:
1. Since my EAD expires in 2 months and I just applied for renewal, If I join the new company, what will happen if I don't have the renewed/extented EAD in 2 months?

2. Should I be not working in the new company till I get my renewal?

3. Would you recommend me not to join the new company till I get the extended EAD?

4. How long does it normally take to get EAD extensions these days?

Please help me.

Thanks,
GD

Gd2005 said:
Current Situation: I have my EAD expiring Oct 11, 2005. Our attorney just sent all the renewal documents last Friday(Aug5, 2005). I have my I-140 approved a year ago and waiting for I-485. In the meantime, I got a full-time offer from another company and using AC21 option, I want to join them.

Questions:
1. Since my EAD expires in 2 months and I just applied for renewal, If I join the new company, what will happen if I don't have the renewed/extented EAD in 2 months?
------------------ you need valid EAD in hand to work or H1 status
2. Should I be not working in the new company till I get my renewal?
------------- you can but problem if you dont get new EAD
3. Would you recommend me not to join the new company till I get the extended EAD?
------------- better get EAD then join, if you expect that you will have EAD renewad with you on time then you can join now
4. How long does it normally take to get EAD extensions these days?
----------- check the service center times where you filed or read other threads for recent approval from your service center
Please help me.

Thanks,
GD