EAD extension for L2 Visa

jayaprabal

Hi ,

I'm in US on L2 Visa and have applied for EAD on June 2nd 2005.I have got the EAD card and my EAD is valid from Aug 19th 2005 to September 9th 2005 as the expiration date on my I-94 was Sep 9th 2005. I did apply for I-94 extension and it's approved now.Could you please tell me what I should do to get extension for my EAD.

1) Do I need to apply for renewal of EAD ?
2) Can I continue working after 9th Sep 2005 (expiration date of my current EAD) if I apply for renewal of EAD now itself ?

Regards
Jaya

jayaprabal said:
Hi ,

I'm in US on L2 Visa and have applied for EAD on June 2nd 2005.I have got the EAD card and my EAD is valid from Aug 19th 2005 to September 9th 2005 as the expiration date on my I-94 was Sep 9th 2005. I did apply for I-94 extension and it's approved now.Could you please tell me what I should do to get extension for my EAD.

1) Do I need to apply for renewal of EAD ?
2) Can I continue working after 9th Sep 2005 (expiration date of my current EAD) if I apply for renewal of EAD now itself ?

Regards
Jaya

My friend was in the same boat as you. She was told there is nothing a "renewal process" for EADs for L2 visa. You have to apply afresh, which you can do right now - however Extended Visa should be stamped on your principals passport. If not even a new application for EAD is not possible for you.