EAD expiring soon

sunray

My EAD is expiring by 1/5/04 and applied 3rd time in November and I don't have hopes to get it in time. What are my options to keep my working?

my I485 was filed way back, (RD)10/11/01 and (ND) 11/28/01 FP done in august '03 (from VSC)

Thanks for the help..

Sunray

It is your mistake, you filed EAD renewal late, one is supposed to file EAD renewal and AP 5-6 months advance
You need EAD card in hand for work or valid H1 status.
You can visit local BCIS after 90 days of RD of EAD renewal date to get iEAD
Talk to employer HR they know how to manage or take leave

Ginnu, I admit that it is a big mistake, I initiated the renewal process almost three months back, but by the time attorney filed it was too late and also I had all the hopes for GC approval. Anyways you mentined about talking to HR, what you mean by that?

Also why there is no alternative to this problem if the I485 is pending for long time more than normal time? (just looking for a solution!!)

Thanks you very much!!

Sunray

Ginnu, I admit that it is a big mistake, I initiated the renewal process almost three months back, but by the time attorney filed it was too late
----- You or your company should ask the lawyer why he filed late and ask the solutions from him
and also I had all the hopes for GC approval.
----- till the date you don’t get your passport stamped with GC Stamp from local BCIS office one should not believe the BCIS
Anyways you mentined about talking to HR, what you mean by that?
------ You should consult your employer or Employer H.R department. They may make some arrangement to pay you at a later date when you get actual EAD in handand you can go off the payrole the date your EAD expires.

Also why there is no alternative to this problem if the I485 is pending for long time more than normal time? (just looking for a solution!!)
------ you should ask this question to your lawyer or BCIS/USCIS. Every lawyer advises to apply for EAD, AP 6 months advance. Many service center have discussed this in past with AILA liaison. Your lawyer should know about this. Only option you have is to getiEAD after 90 days of your EAD RD from local BCIS office.
-----