EAD expiring soon.......NSC

sunidan

Registered Users (C)
my EAD is set to expire on Dec 06, received date is Oct 24th...I am not sure what is going on. I have taken an Appointment next Tuesday at the local USC office in Chicago. The website says local offices are not allowed to issue Interim EAD!!!!!, but that's where you are requested to go and petition.

Anyone in the same boat.....

ead question

hi sunidan,can you please share your experience on the infopass? did you received your EAD? thanks

yes, need to clarify somethings before I answer the question.

My EAD is actually expiring next week on Wednesday Dec 20th. My infopass appt is on Tuesday Dec 18th next week.

I was told by my employer to wait until this Friday Dec 15th before going to the local offfice.

I am getting a letter from my employer that I taking with me and other my own letter .

My EAD expires tomorrow (12/15) and my received date for the new one is 10/31. My employer has told me I need to take an unpaid leave of absence and that I will have to pay for my benefits through COBRA. Their line on it is not just that I musn't work but also that I mustn't be compensated as that would constitute employment. They are going to try and give me a letter to say that but need to check with legal first.

I have an INFOPASS on the 18th also so hopefully we can compare notes on our progress afterwards.

Jim

what to do

My EAD is expiring on 12/18, My EAD recieved date is 10/13, I told my employer about it and told him not to pay me till i get my renewed EAD, Is it ok to work from home and not get paid till i get my ead. i sent a expedite request fax but dosent seem to have worked, what are my options now, Now EAD extension is alos night mare like GC. :confused:

It is not legal to work from anywhere.

floridalc said:
My EAD is expiring on 12/18, My EAD recieved date is 10/13, I told my employer about it and told him not to pay me till i get my renewed EAD, Is it ok to work from home and not get paid till i get my ead. i sent a expedite request fax but dosent seem to have worked, what are my options now, Now EAD extension is alos night mare like GC. :confused:

I waited hoping to receive my approval before today. Anyway my appt. is tomorrow at the local office in Chicago. Will keep you posted on the outcome tomorrow.........................

floridalc

you can take a letter from your empkloyer and get an infopass appointment at the local office where you live and try getting an Interim EAD. That's what I am trying for tomorrow.

sunidan said:
I waited hoping to receive my approval before today. Anyway my appt. is tomorrow at the local office in Chicago. Will keep you posted on the outcome tomorrow.........................

floridalc

you can take a letter from your empkloyer and get an infopass appointment at the local office where you live and try getting an Interim EAD. That's what I am trying for tomorrow.

Sunidan,

Local offices are no longer issuing interim EAD since Oct 1st of this year.
Goodluck though.

I went to local office on dec 5th but they told me to wait 90days before they can do anything, My 90days wont be until jan 11th, My current EAD already expired today, I called customer service they told me to fax a expedite request which i did a week back but not sure it will work.

Hi... was there any lud after you sent the fax?

floridalc said:
I went to local office on dec 5th but they told me to wait 90days before they can do anything, My 90days wont be until jan 11th, My current EAD already expired today, I called customer service they told me to fax a expedite request which i did a week back but not sure it will work.

There will be only one RD... not sure what you mean receipt or online ?
feelinglucky said:
which RD should I consider, the one on my receipt notice or the one which shows online...

thanks getmeone for the reply....
We have sent along with our i-485, EAD and AP on the sep15th and then after 3 week waiting w received receipt from NSC that it was received on the sep18th and when i check my online/phone status it shows tells that my receipt date is OCT 6th so i asked customer service guys they tell that my rd is oct 6th.... pls advice.... i have finidhed my 90 days timeline for ead as per paper RD. Thansk for your suggestions.....

I would say the receipt day is what has been mentioned in the hardcopy i mean the receipt paper you have.

forum experts can post your opinion

you can work after u file EAD

According to my attorney,once u filed EAD,u can continue to work.because ur 485 is pending,that means ur EAD will get it approve anytime.

Our EAD approval will depend on 485 pending status.HE clarified this issue with USCIS officials on AILA meeting

USCIS will issue new EAD with extension of previous EAD.That means without break in-dates,they will issue EAD.So,why do we take brake in jobs?

subba1974,

Are you sure about this, meaning how can I get this confirmed. Any help will be much appreciated.

Everyone,
my appt. today was a wash, I just took my chance anyway nothing else to do but check things out. The lady at the counter was of no help, just advised me to send the letter from my employer ASAP to the service center so they can expedite my EAD. There is nothing much the local office can do. The officer also emailed to NSC to expedite the case.

So anyone with a EAD renewal, please get a letter from your employer and send it to the service centre ASAP once you know a week or two weeks before your EAD is set to expire.

At this point I am sitting and waiting, cannot work is what I am hearing from my employer.

subba1974, let us know more about AILA meeting and the confirmation your attorney is talking about. Any info you can provide more on this will be helpful.