EAD expiring quick question ..... !

duranduran

Hello

My EAD is expiring on July 18th 2004 and I applied for the renewal on May 26th 2004.

My I-130 is approved and I-485 pending

Is there anything at all be done at this stage now;like letter from the employer. lawyer etc addressed to INS ?

I was depending on my lawyer to inform me about the things and here I am..... anyways

Is it viable to get back on a working visa like a valid h1 if available?

Is it worth a try to go to the local field office with a letter from the HR or anything else?

I am sure many of us slip on these dates and I do not think we should punished this hard. I would think the 90-day rule should be printed on the back of the plastiky card to avoid sticky situations like these.

advise requested, and thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
duranduran said:
Hello

My EAD is expiring on July 18th 2004 and I applied for the renewal on May 26th 2004.
------I am sorry to say it is your mistake to apply EAD renewal late, every lawyer says send EAD renewal 5-6 months advance
My I-130 is approved and I-485 pending

Is there anything at all be done at this stage now;like letter from the employer. lawyer etc addressed to INS ?
------ nothing can be done yoy applied late
I was depending on my lawyer to inform me
---- why the lawyer should remind you? you are not paying him for reninding you. you have to take care of your EAD AP and you have to inform the lawyer to file EAD
about the things and here I am..... anyways

Is it viable to get back on a working visa like a valid h1 if available?
----- you have used EAD you are not on H1 status
Is it worth a try to go to the local field office with a letter from the HR or anything else?
---- try, but they may refuse you and may teel you to come after 90 days of EAD filing RD
I am sure many of us slip on these dates and I do not think we should punished this hard. I would think the 90-day rule should be printed on the back of the plastiky card to avoid sticky situations like these.
----- write your suggestions to USCIS H.Q
advise requested, and thanks in advance