EAD Expiring ... on NOV 17th

My485Pending

Registered Users (C)
My EAD will expire soon and i did not apply for EAD Extension.
will it be OK if i apply now...

i came to know that i cannot work if my EAD expires.. what should i do... is it ok to wait for approval with my EAD expired... also my H1-B will expire on NOV 22nd...

any sugggestions.

it ok...u can get an interim EAD at the local INS office if 90 days have passed since u applied for EAD renewal and before expiry of u'r pressent EAD i.e Nov 17.

Did your lawyer not advise you

to apply for renewal of EAD ? Unfortunately, INS will issue an interim EAD only if you have applied for renewal and 90 days have passed since applying.

Without EAD you dont have authorization to work, but you can stay in the country on the strength of AOS pending.
Expiration of H1 has no relevence once 485 is filed and is pending adjudication.

thanks for the reply!!!

so i guess it is OK even if i don't have a EAD and H1-B ( which will expire on NOV 17th)

i can stay in this country and still be on valid status as i am waiting for AOS,,,,

Re: thanks for the reply!!!

Originally posted by My485Pending
so i guess it is OK even if i don't have a EAD and H1-B ( which will expire on NOV 17th)

i can stay in this country and still be on valid status as i am waiting for AOS,,,,

Your status is "AOS pending" now.