EAD expiring next month. Need to file for EAD renewal now

robocop

Registered Users (C)
I did not realize that EAD renewal needs to be filed 6 months before the expiration. My EAD is expiring on 8/12/05 (< a month)

Can I file a EAD now? Please comment if you have any insight into this.

My attorney completely screwed this up.. and she's out of conveniently.

I'm even sure what is the procedure.

Appreciate any suggestion. Thanks in advance

I'd say apply for EAD ASAP now. and when your EAD is expiring (I'd say last week of it), go to the local office with your receit with/without infopass and request for IEAD. I was just @the chicago local office toady and got my IEAD. Mine was filed for 70days but there was another guy who has applied for just one week and his was expiring today and he got it too with me. Just make sure when you go for your IEAD, bring the letter from your current employer stating that you work there and your employment will be terminated if you do not get another EAD. Take infopass appointment if possible in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apply immediately. No need to panic

I applied for my EAD renewal June 25th and it was approved July 20th. Too bad my current EAD does not expire until Aug 31. So it has a 1.5 month overlap which means I have to renew again, one year from today!

Process is very fast if your local office is a computerized FP center. So apply fast... today!

Thanks a bunch

Such a relief. I have filed for my extension, hope to see this extension soon.

Thanks again for all the timely help :)

Philly local office

Has anybody have any experience with Philadelphia local office? Do they issue IEAD before the 90 days period expires? My EAD expires in 2 days and I filed for a renwal just recently.
Thanks

Appointment with National Customer Service Center

Hello all,

I E-filed for EAD and travel document renewal last week and I received a email asking me to make an appointment.

Do I need to make an appointment with National customer service center? Is my EAD renewal dependent on this appoitment? because earliest appoitment I could get was in Sep 21st.

Thanks in advance

Try to walk in for the fingerprint even if you don't have appointment and explain to them that you need to get your fp done asap since your current EAD will expire. If it's within 3 month of your expiration date of your current EAD and the office is not busy, they'll let you do it.
I did it and one of my friend did that as well.