EAD Expiring, less than 90 day’s situation. 1 week

gcwait_2003

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,

After going through mails looks like I have following options, please help me on executing them.

1.Requesting NSC on expedite the process
What are their Fax number / Phone Number?

2.Requesting Congress man to contact INS to expedite the process
Where do we get congress man phone number and what should we request them?

3.Going to Local office
I have very minimal hopes on this, telling them two reasons
a. I will loose my job
b. NSC may not be able to process my application as per current EAD processing dates at NSC March 26
Please verify local office address 8101 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247. How many days advance I should contact them?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The NSC fax number is 402-219-6171.

I filed my EAD on March 30, 2007. On June 26th (88th day of filing) I faxed an expedite request citing the fact that my drivers license was going to expire in few days. On July 02nd my EAD was approved (94th day). And on July 03rd, I got a letter from USCIS saying my request did not qualify for an expedited route. That means the approval was going to come anyway.

You can find your representative by visiting http://www.house.gov. Look at the left top corner of the homepage. Once you found who your congressman/congresswoman is, his/her details there should tell you how to contact them.

Please read "USCIS Expedite Criteria" from USCIS website and prepare your arguments if you are going to request one.

Good luck.

Gurus,

After going through mails looks like I have following options, please help me on executing them.

1.Requesting NSC on expedite the process
What are their Fax number / Phone Number?

2.Requesting Congress man to contact INS to expedite the process
Where do we get congress man phone number and what should we request them?

3.Going to Local office
I have very minimal hopes on this, telling them two reasons
a. I will loose my job
b. NSC may not be able to process my application as per current EAD processing dates at NSC March 26
Please verify local office address 8101 N Stemmons Fwy, Dallas, TX 75247. How many days advance I should contact them?

Thanks

Dallas local office address is correct. But they won't do anything if you have not filed more than 90 days ago! (That is what they told me on June 28).
I am in a unique dilemma! My EAD expired on June 29 and I haven't got any decision on my 5th EAD application e-filed with National Benefits Center on April 19. According to Congressman's office my I-485 has been approved on June 20. But the local office says "Our records indicate a file is with an adjudication officer from 5/17/2007. This case shows to be under extended review. Please allow 90 - 120 days for another notice of action." When I contacted Congressman's office again, they reconfirmed that my I-485 is indeed approved but the officer has not updated the status in their computer system. So far I have not got any letter from USCIS regarding the approval. The online case status shows "Transfer to Dallas local office for standard interview in Nov 2004" even though I have successfully completed the interview in Sept 2005.
So I keep wondering whom to believe and whether to continue to be on vacation from June 30 till I get EAD approval or I-485 approval notice!

Thanks for all of your information. Here are details on what I did and what the responses are

1. Talked to Immigration customer Service
She issued a service request and gave me a number B….NSC as it passes 75 days as per some ….. Unknown … condition passed.

2. Talked to immigration officer
He is not very happy because I filed late and said I need to wait till 90 days and go and get interim EAD. I said my company will not allow me to work then he said he can not do any help on that it is your mistake. And I asked him what is my legal status he said as long as your company retains your contract after your 4 day (working days till wait for 90 days) unpaid vacation your 485 will not have a problem.

3. Congressman office
Person who is in charge of immigration issues is on vacation till tomorrow…. I have very minimal hope that there is any thing that these guys can do, but still I will keep my little hope not to loose till expiration date comes :)

4. Expedite request
Already faxed to expedite the process but Immigration officer told me it may not be considered but he is not sure as it is a separate department but he recommended trying for it.

5. Went to Local Office.
Talked to person at counter he seriously told there is nothing that he can do about it. Tried to tell him about job and all…

Guys here are my comments after going through all this ….

1. I think there is a clause some 250 ….. one can work for 180 days with out permit not to effect 485 hope fully that will save many people
2. It is ok if you company will continue your job after you get your interim EAD, per immigration officer.

So already took info pass for after 90 day just waiting for that. Still needs think how to proceed on those 4 working days. PLEASE SEND YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS.

I saw a LUD change on EAD after I talked to immigration officer and ALSO THERE IS LUD ON JULY 4. WONDER INS IS WORKING HARD ON HOLIDAYS :confused:

BIG LESSION LEARNED: NEVER COMPLETELY DEPEND ON LAWYER YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW WHAT RIGHT PROCEDURE IS. :mad: APPLY EAD RENEWAL BEFORE 6 MONTHS EXPIRATION.

Always hope for the best that keeps you work better. :)

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received an e-mail approval of EAD "On July 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION." Could this mean my I-485 was not really approved on June 20 as informed by Congressman's office?

EAD Card received

Received my 5th EAD today. The approval is dated June 29 though the email notification of July 4 said approval was sent on July 3. Not sure whether my infopass on June 28 helped to trigger the EAD approval!

EAD Renewal & Expiry Date

I called up USCIS customer service. They informed me that if the EAD renewal is

currently applied and you have the receipt for it, you are eligible to work.
What do you guys think ? Is it making sense ? Has anyone in similar situation consulted a company lawyer ?

After some reasearch, I found following:-

M-274 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/m-274.pdf)

Instruction for Completing Form I-9
(Employment Eligibility Verification Form)

Page 20 (page 22 of pdf) seem to suggest same.
Text reads as follows:-

"Part Eight"
Acceptable Documents for verifying Employment Eligibility.

To establish both identity and employment eligibility, a person can present a Passport, Alien Registration Card, or one of the other documents from List A.

If a person is unable to present the required document(s) within 3 business days of the date employment begins, he or she must present (within 3 business days) a receipt showing that he or she has applied for the document. The person then must present the actual document within 90 days of the date of employment begins. The person must have indicated on or before the time employment began, by having checked an appropriate box in Section 1, the he or she is already eligible to be employed in United States.

List A

* Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (INS Form I-688A)

Guruuuuuuuus

Not sure what process worked, got Approvals today.

Thanks for all the information. This forum is immigration bible

Thanks again

Guruuuuuuuus

Not sure what process worked, got Approvals today.

Thanks for all the information. This forum is immigration bible

Thanks again

Congrats!!!

Could you please give details like what is your EAD receipt date, service center etc?

When did you do your FP for this EAD?