EAD Expiring (help going to local office)

green04

Registered Users (C)
My EAD is expiring in 1st week of June. I have applied for renewal(NSC) in the 1st week of March. Legally I should not be working without the renewal.

I am planning on going to the local office after 90 days to get Temporary EAD. I know I need to schedule an appointment. Is there anything I should take with me while going? If I am wrong what is the procedure.

Thanks in Advance.

i dont think so, they are issuing the Interim EAD cards, but you may want to give try, they will some kind of letter for expediting

Help me!!! EAD problem.

My EAD expires today, I applied for the renewal on April 6th. This is my 4th EAD and I totally missed to apply in time this time.

1)Is there any way to speed up the process to get the EAD soon?
2) I cannot work from next week is there any way I can get through this ?

Thanks
Rajesh

Take INFOPASS appointment and see if that helps. Try faxing your request for expediting.

FYI - I tried both, my details are in my signature; of course I am still waiting and have no updates. I posted a response in another thread.

I faxed, took INFOPASS, called, and obtained letters from HR and faxed them. NONE worked after five faxes. I went to the International Office for Scholars at my university, and they called and faxed them (TSC). I had to stop teaching at one of the top ten universities in the US because of the dealy in my EAD-ridiculous but true!

Finally, they approved my EAD. The USCIS called the Intrnational Office to informa them of the approval.

The conclusion: They don't care about the expiry date. You have to act through your employer, if possible. This is my experience.

I send the fax to SC and 2 days later got approval, and couple days later got a card. Worked like a charm...

I have done everything that I could think of. Faxes, letters to USCIS mentioning them to expidite because of risk of loosing job. Haven't heard anything so far. My EAD is expiring in a weeks time. Anybody having any suggestions?

Thanks
Ash

LUD Change

I see the LUD changed today, but not the message. It is getting close to 90 days.

Is this means I will be getting a decision in a day or two?

EAD Approved

I got my EAD renewal yesterday. Thank god (2 days before expiry).

I saw the LUD on May 30th, but no message update and no email. They approved on May 30th and sent the new card on May 31st. I called them after that they created Service request, local office appointment, Fax to NSC etc., No one from USCIS told me about the approval :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: