EAD expires this month- will extended H1 cover me?

jayshreeram

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
My EAD expires on July 27th. The renewal application receipt date is May 15,2007, so according to processing date at Nebraska, it's doing for March 2007. I also have H1 extended until 2009 from same company, so is that going to cover me in this case?

PD- Nov 2001
Stuck with name check

Thanks arcane.
Anybody else who is in similar scenario and a definite answer?
I've asked my attorney the same question and waiting for an answer from them as well- they work pretty much as USCIS and these days paying attention to new cases only because that's where they are minting money.

did u worked on EAD? if yes your H1-b status will be invalid. if you got the EAD but did not used it to work then your H1B is still valid..

Yes jambalakadi1 is correct.
Lets say a person already used EAD but they also have H1B valid until some date in future. I believe there should be some way to "revive" that h1B like either transfer or apply new H1 without being subject to annual quotas etc and still be legally employed. However I do not know the details on getting this done. We are considering to pursue something like that soon...

current h1b will be invalid if you used EAD. one can apply for new h1b, go out of country , get stamped and comeback with new i-94. But I think this is only possible if one is working for the same company since beginning of GC processing. this will not work for ac21 cases

jambalakadi1 - What about spouse derivate?
In our case - I got GC but my wife got stuck in "name check". She was working for a company on H1B in the past and she joined current employer on EAD. We do not have enough time for her EAD approval to come thru in time before the current one expires. In this context can she switch back to H1B? The previous H1B is cancelled too. More importantly is she subject to annual H1B quotas?

I used EAD but have been working for the same company for which I have H1.
Incidentally I got Card production ordered email yesterday for my I-485, so I guess I should expect the approval letter soon and the GC.

Thanks
PD Nov 2001
CSC->NSC Mar 2007
Name check cleared- ?

jambalakadi1 - What about spouse derivate?
In our case - I got GC but my wife got stuck in "name check". She was working for a company on H1B in the past and she joined current employer on EAD. We do not have enough time for her EAD approval to come thru in time before the current one expires. In this context can she switch back to H1B? The previous H1B is cancelled too. More importantly is she subject to annual H1B quotas?

She cannot go back to H1-B now. She has to wait for EAD.

Can some one clear me on the meaning of using EAD.

Especially in the context of having valid EAD and H1b with the same company where you are currently working.