EAD Expired

vscgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

my 1st EAD is getting expired in December. I don\'t have H1. When do you guys think is the best time to apply for EAD renewal. Please suggest me. Thanks.

PD Dec 98. RD : Nov00. ND Dec00.

I think we can apply before 90 days or some thing like that. But I am not sure.

Better be safe than sorry

My EAD will expire in December and AP in November 2001. The lawyers have just sent me the extension forms to sign off. They told me they would apply shortly. It is a good idea to start earlier rather than later. I am in HR and know we cannot let someone work without proper authorization.

No Title

Is there a chance that you might get your GC before that .. you being ND Dec 00 ?
Right now Sep 00 is in progress & folks are expecting Oct 00 to start next week ..
I understand that you wish to play it safe & not be out of status .. Why not apply in Oct 01 i.e 90 days before ? Just a thought ..

Wish you the best

No Title

apply as soon as possible!!!!

I cannot stress this more, since i have been bitten by this...
my EAD expires on 8/17, had applied in May (Fedex reached INS on 5/17). INS assigned receipt date of 6/9. My lawyer called INS
last week to find that they will take 30 more days to approve this!
So, officially, I cannot work from 8/17 -> 9/9 (3 weeks)(If i donot receive by 9/9, i can get EAD from local office using the 90 day rule).
Hope this helps...

waitingforgodo

It is 90 days prior

VSC recommends that you send your application in 90 days prioir to the epiration date. If you send it in more than 90 days before, they will return it to you. If they take more than 90 days to approve the renewal, then you can go to your local INS office and get a new one issued the same day. However, when it comes to EAD renewals, VSC is rather quick and sends in the renewals within 30-60 days.