EAD expired

GCNeededImmdly

Registered Users (C)
My EAD has been expired and it is not 90 days passed after my EAD receipt from VSC.
What should I do? Can I get new EAD in local INS office?
Your help would be appreciated.

No Title

Mirage, It depends on where you stay post the location so that people can help you out !!

No Title

And I am in Maryland near Baltimore. I will be in the same
situation as Mirage in September. I would like to know the
answer too.

You are ok as long as you have receipt

I talked to my lawyer on this situation and have been thru this just about a week back. My lawyer said you are ok as long as you have the receipt notice and you can work too even if your ead expires. The new EAD is always issued from the date the old EAD has expired . So you are ok . Some people would say that you should go on leave and not work until you have the EAD. The arguement my lawyer gave was that even if you take a leave and don\'t work, you still are on payroll so it does not matter whether you work or take leave as long as you have the receipt notice even if your old ead has expired. Now if 90 days have passed, since the RD , you can go to local ins office and get interrim ead .
Hope this helps ..

No Title

My suggestion would be to check with your respective local INS offices if they issue the intrim EAD. It\'s taking atleat 3-4 months right now in VSC because of the mail frontlog problem that they had. Also, I am not sure re: whether to work or not to work without EAD, you might need to consult your lawyer re: that, it\'s too exhaustive subject to be discussed. Good Luck !

Its o.kay

You can go and get intream EAD .I had same situation .It took 120 days;at that time I didnt have intream also.

It is 90 days after you mailed it in

If you have a receipt of when you mailed the EAD renewal in, and it\'s more than 90 days since that date, you should be able to get the EAD renewal from your local INS office. In some cases, if it\'s less than 90 days since you mailed it in, you can still try to get it renewed at your local INS office. However, continuing to work without a valid EAD is actually illegal.