EAD expedite request

K_2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have been waiting for the EAD and its more than 90 days.When i went to the local office they asked me to fax an expedite request to service center
Do any of you have experiences with expedite requests? does the uscis respond to this,

I'm also in the similar situation and working on it. According to the USCIS interim EAD memo if the I-765 has not been adjudicated in the regulatory period (which is 90 days) then you will have to contact the local field office and they would contact the National Service Center and they have to respond in 30 minutes of receipt. If it's after business hour, then the Service Center people have to answer by 10:00 AM of next business day. This is a new rule. More likely the local field officer may not be aware of this. All they would know is that local field office are not allowed to issue any interim EADs. Also, the same interim EAD memo says to add the word "EXPEDITE" in the subject.
My EAD expires in mid of Nov and I filed it at NSC. Good luck and let me know if you get any update on your case. Please send me a private message for contact.

--- I'm strictly a lay person and advice given here may not suit or apply to your situation. Please consult your lawyer for all legal proceedings ---

I have placed an inquiry through ombudsman office and waiting for their response. I don't know what's happening with the EAD and AP approval process. It's so much of mental stress and fear.

K_2005 do you have any updates on your case ? Your response would be very valuable for my situation.

For me ,an RFE was snt which was not delivered at my address,so I am not sure my expedite has worked or not as I didnt get any reply on that,
However within 48 hrs of my expedite req they have asked the RFE to be resnt to me (which I found on from the online status) and I am waiting for it.
I guess they do consider if u are at loss of job(financial losss),and its past 90 days since ur EAD application.

Hi All,
My eAD expiring on 30th October and still my Renewal application not approved yet. Would you please share the Fax number@NSC to expediate my EAd application.
Your help would great!!
Thanks
HP

HasiruPatra said:
Hi All,
My eAD expiring on 30th October and still my Renewal application not approved yet. Would you please share the Fax number@NSC to expediate my EAd application.
Your help would great!!
Thanks
HP

When did you apply for EAD, for fax nummber I suggest you call uscis 1800 number and speak to a rep.

I applied on Sept 29th and received receipt on Oct 20th as Notice date as Oct 13.I forgot to apply in the earliest so now worrying.

vingc said:
I have placed an inquiry through ombudsman office and waiting for their response. I don't know what's happening with the EAD and AP approval process. It's so much of mental stress and fear.

K_2005 do you have any updates on your case ? Your response would be very valuable for my situation.

Did you try going to the local office again. Were they able to provide you with more information. I have applied for my wife's ead , ap for the 3rd time in august at VSC and havent heard anything so far.

Folks,

Thanks to everyone who helped. My EAD was due to expire end of month. I sent a certified mail to USCIS chicago, pleading to process my EAD asap. I believe it workedc . EAD was filed on Aug 4th 2006. I got an approval online on Oct 17th and EAD in the mail on 10/23/2006.

Moh19,
Why did you send certified mail to Chicago ? Did you apply your EAd at Chicago office or Nebraska. I also in same situation as you. Would you please post what all you included in your letter.

Thanks
HP

My EAD application was filed at USCIS Chicago. The template is nothing special. Just the usual. See below.

Subject: REQUEST TO PLEASE EXPEDITE EAD APPLICATION PROCESSING DUE TO RISK OF EMPLOYMENT TERMINATION BY OCTOBER 31st 2006

xxxx
To,

US Citizenship and Immigration Services
EAD Department
P.O. BOX 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

This is in regards to my EAD renewal application was filed on August 4th, 2006 and has been pending adjudication ever since. My current EAD expires on Oct 31st 2006. I have been notified by xxxx HR that if I fail to provide EAD card on or before Oct 31st then I will be taken off the payroll and my employment might be terminated. I kindly request you to PLEASE expedite processing of my EAD and ensure that I receive it before Oct 31st. I really appreciate the understanding the co-operation in this matter. I admit that I did not plan to apply for EAD well in advance of 100 days before expiration. I will ensure that I do so in the future. Thanks again for your understanding in this matter.
I-765 RECEIPT #: xxxx
Alien #: xxxxx

If there are any questions or concerns, I can be reached at
E-mail: xxxx
Phone: xxxx

Did you apply EAD at Chicago or Nebraska Service Center ?

Is your i-485 at Chicago office or at nebraska office ? Any info is appreciated.