EAD Effective Date?

qdotlu

Registered Users (C)
If I file an EAD application on date A, and it get approved on date B, what will be the EAD's start date? I didn't see anywhere in Form I-765 to specify it myself.

BTW, I would like to file I-765 myself to save the $500 lawyer fee, but I am not sure what to do if I got an RFE. Does anybody here has experience in applying EAD by him or herself?

You did not mention whether u are filing your first or subsequent EAD. In my recent EAD approval, the start date was the date of my first EAD expiration (july 04).

start date

New EADs typically starts on tte day on which its approved...

Well, the renewed EAD automatically starts from hte day the old EAD expires...They will take care of making sure u got continuous "coverage"...

That's not true in my case. My second EAD is effective from the date it is approved(which is 3 months earlier than the first EAD's expiration date), and it is valid for a year. In a word, in my renewal, I actually only got 9 month extension.

There is no definite way to predict what those people would do. Different people got different treatment and it is kind of depending on pure luck.