EAD Effective Date

AJ021402

Registered Users (C)
If your current EAD will expire, say, at the end of this month, and you will get your renewal 2 months later, what will the new EAD effective date? Would it be a later date than April 1, 2004.

I'm asking this because if I didn't get the interim just in time before the expiration date of my current EAD, and my employer asked about the renewed EAD, can I just say, "I haven't receuve the card yet but I already filed for renewal"? Or can I say, "the card is in the mail already, just have not received yet"?

Dude you could be in trouble... don't loose ur heart yet...

You are entitled to get iEAD after 90 days of your filing of 765 from local INS. What happened there?? why u didn't get ur iEAD,Pls post the details.

You can say whatever to ur employer you want but bottomline is you MUST HAVE a valid iead or ead to work.

Tell us the detail may be we can help you out then....

in worst situation that u don't get iead at all before your current EAD expires then it is recommended that you go on a " payless vacation" from job until u get iEAD or EAD. Now it all depends what kind of relation you have with employer; you can work from home and get paid in cash etc; or no work no pay or work from home but no pay etc etc.....

When EAD is renewed it depends really onofficer when he want to give you the start date of 2nd EAD. If he gives you start date which is right after the end of 1st EAD then you may be alright.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, you're lucky amcom. You got your EAD in 41 days. Well, I'm short by at least 15 days before I can file my IEAD. Five days before the expiration of my current EAD, I will try to get an interim.

U have 5 days after 90 days.. thats ENOUGH... what were u worrying about then..... u r in good shape.....

See if you had posted these details before I wouldn't have had typed so much..... Details DO help believe it or not.....

No, you misunderstood me. My EAD will expire on March 31st. My renewal got filed last Jan 15. So my 90 days will be in April 15. On my my 70th days of filing, which is on March 25th, I will try to file an interim.

I wish I was this precise when I filed my renewal. I could have filed earlier.

if you applied in NSC then I'm sure your renewal will be approved by 15th March. I don't know about othres.

good luck.
keep us posted about ur case.

Some folks have attempted to get iEAD before their 90 days waiting period, it looks like they explained the officers that they would be 'out of job' if they don't get iEAD before 90 days, and guess what, it worked for some of them at least.

If i were you, i would definitely give a try.

AJ021402,
I am in the same boat as yours. My EAD expires on 04/02. I have applied for renewal only on 02/17. SO i don't have those 90 days for iEAD. Per attorney's advice, I am sending a request to the local congressman for help. Let me see how it goes. Keep posted your experience too.

--------
ND: 03/02/2002

AJ021402/govgc -

What is your service center ?

If you filed with NSC, you should get your EAD very soon. (as amcom said before)

I filed for EAD on Jan 15th, NSC, efiling and it got approved on March 3rd. Received the card on March 8th.

I got IEAD 45 days after the RD...

govgc / AJ021402

look at my LONG post about the IEAD from TCS....

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=117682

I got IEAD from TCS 45 day after the RD... per Immigration office if you get the letter from your employer that "if you do not get the IEAD once your curret EAD is expired, then per INS regulations they need to terminate your employment" and based on this letter per my experience you will get the IEAD without any issue.... (This is my experience and talk with your attorney before using this)...

because in my case when I went first my letter from employet did not had lines and the immigration office plainly refused to give IEAD, but when I took the letter with the above lines, they did not asked any other questions and issued the IEAD ( I will say it is worth trying).

as far as working without the EAD... per my attorney WORKING is the issue, whether you are getting paid or not....

as always talk with your attorney and then only take actions...

M_S_IL,
Thanks for your valuable reply. It surely helps me. Already my company started saying that they are going to terminate me from 04/03 when my EAD expires! So I am going to approach them for the letter and try my luck.

I could not access the thread with your detail post about your EAD experience. Could you pleae paste it again on this thread?

Thanks again