EAD denied saying 485 is approved but 485 not approved

sukla

Registered Users (C)
My ead and is denied stating that my 485 is approved but I never recvd 485 by letter of status change or email. Any ideas how to proceed now?

Thanks

Your post have no dates, without any dates it would be difficult to give any suggestion. When did you file EAD, when did you get denied letter, when did you file I-485 .

sukla said:
My ead and is denied stating that my 485 is approved but I never recvd 485 by letter of status change or email. Any ideas how to proceed now?

Thanks

It seems it's hapenning at VSC. One of my friends has same situation and he is waiting for his approval letter for last two months. Similar way he got EAD denial. Numerious calls to USCIS did not help. So he decided to set up a INFOPASS apointment anyway and show up. If he receives his approval letter meanwhile, that's good. But if he does not get it, he is just going to show up with his EAD denial notice.
I guess you should do the same. Just take passport size pictures with you. If you are lucky, you will get stamped.

the dates

The dates are as follows:
10/18/2002 - 485 Recvd
12/10/2002 - First Fingerprint
7/16/2004 - Second Fingerprint
I am using my 3rd EAD. My wife had applied for the 3rd and it was denied becuase according to INS my I485 is approved. We have to go to India in Jan and her EAD/AP are expiring on Nov 25th. Now she has to quit working and we may have to cancel the tickets. Although her attorney has applied for a case reopening and she has taken appointment in the local office, I don't have much hopes. I think we are s***wed. Please ppl give me some advise. As an aside, I think USCIS can do some serious cutting by simply closing the customer service division because it is completely useless. They are like robots reading out my online status and when I ask a question the pause for a little and read out the status again.

Cant's agree more

Sukla,
Your comments about this Customer Service shit is so so so true.
Can't agree more.

This has become a 3rd world system, in every sense. They should
just stop this Cust Service stuff. Not just that, they should have the
option of charging increased fees ( think of it as legalized bribes )
from employed people who don't mind shelling out more for a faster
turn-around time. Cut down on Customer Service; and use the money
to hire more Case Officers.

Alas, who will listen ?

sukla,
please, be patient...you got plenty of time until Jan!
try to get infoopass asap, take passport pictures with you...if you have that EAD denial saying your 485 approved - make a copy of it!! maybe several copies, and have with you and just ask for stamping!!! insist that you need stamping since you need to keep working:) and show this evidence of your I-485 approval and mention all effort you made to get approval notice!

update

My wife went to the local center. She had a 8:00 am appointment, they put her in some category that took her 4 hours. She sat there for 4 hours withoug having the ability to use phone to update her boss. When she tried to ask about her turn she was yelled at by the workers there. After 4 hours, she was told that nothing can be done about her case: no interim EAD, no AP, no GC. Somebody must be held accountable for these errors. We are suffering emotional and financial stress because of this. I really need some advise about the right authorities to contact for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
sukla said:
My wife went to the local center. She had a 8:00 am appointment, they put her in some category that took her 4 hours. She sat there for 4 hours withoug having the ability to use phone to update her boss. When she tried to ask about her turn she was yelled at by the workers there. After 4 hours, she was told that nothing can be done about her case: no interim EAD, no AP, no GC. Somebody must be held accountable for these errors. We are suffering emotional and financial stress because of this. I really need some advise about the right authorities to contact for this.

Too bad that they did not help her.

FYI, my friend went to district office with his EAD denial notice and he got stamped on the spot.

485 approved. But rxved welcome notice instead of AN

My wife went to the Newark office.

Well, finally mine and my wife's 485 was approved. It seems it was approved on Sept 7th but the notice was never sent out. Now, th eonline status has changed to approved. But, yday I rved a welcome notice (I-797C) instaed of an approval notice. It says the card has been mailed out and will be there in 3 weeks. Has anybody else been in the same situation? Will the welcome notice be good enough for PP stamping?

Last edited by a moderator:
sukla said:
My wife went to the Newark office.

Well, finally mine and my wife's 485 was approved. It seems it was approved on Sept 7th but the notice was never sent out. Now, th eonline status has changed to approved. But, yday I rved a welcome notice (I-797C) instaed of an approval notice. It says the card has been mailed out and will be there in 3 weeks. Has anybody else been in the same situation? Will the welcome notice be good enough for PP stamping?

7th sep? almost 3 months ago?? mannn!!!

Congrats!! Now I wish more and more 2002 cases get approved. My PD is after cut off date :D

My 3rd EAD has been denied too...

My 3rd EAD has been rejected too and the reason is the same as shukla...Sating that my 485 has been approved. But i received a RFE last week on my 485 and they sent me the denial letter a month and a half back. On further scrutiny i found that my Alien number on my I765 application does not match the Alien number of my I485(a couple of numbers were swapped). I have mailed, faxed and called n number of times but no result. I will be going to the local office in Newark this Thursday ..lets see what they say.
Anyone gone through this experience before??

Hi Shukla

I was in a same boat I applied for AP it got Denied.With the same reason that My GC is approved I don't need Ap.
I Fixed the appointment in Newark Office went their with the Documents .
Showed them a AP denial Letter .They checked and told me My Case was approved On Spt 26.I went their on Nov 15. They ask me for Passpost I94 EAD and Ap I gave it to them and they stamped my passport.

Fix the appointment and go their you might get PP stamped.

Good Luck

Shukla and Others (whose EAD has been denied telling that 485 is approved)......

What did your online status for EAD say. Did it say that it has been denied or did it say that we have sent a letter requesting for more information. I mean did you online status tell about denial or did it say RFE.

Answer back fast and I will tell some good news to you guys. I have been under the same situation and I will tell you the phone number where you can call to resolve the case. My attorney gave the number to me. But for that I need to know what was the online status of you EAD application (DENIAL or REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION)

Ooooooooouuuuuu LOLITA

Shakti kapoor

Shakti Kapoor said:
Shukla and Others (whose EAD has been denied telling that 485 is approved)......

What did your online status for EAD say. Did it say that it has been denied or did it say that we have sent a letter requesting for more information. I mean did you online status tell about denial or did it say RFE.

Answer back fast and I will tell some good news to you guys. I have been under the same situation and I will tell you the phone number where you can call to resolve the case. My attorney gave the number to me. But for that I need to know what was the online status of you EAD application (DENIAL or REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION)

Ooooooooouuuuuu LOLITA

Shakti kapoor
Hi Shakti Kapoor,
My online status still remains the same i.e.
-----------
Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on August 25, 2004. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 60 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.
-----------
..but i received a denial letter from them. Can you please please give me the number to call to resolve this issue. I have tried all options. Your help would be really appreciated.

See Signature below..It seems my LUD Changed 2 times I guess it may approved but they not changed the message.. :)