EAD Delays

Jewel12

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Has anyone had his/her EAD delayed beyond 90 days? And if yes, do you know the reasons?

Thanks! :)

Mine took forever, it was stamped approved on September 7 during my interview, however, I did not get it until October 31. I went to infopass appointments three times, and from those experiences and the information I was given, I concluded they had lost my application. Some officers also say that EAD applications may be pending based on some security checks.

Although a District office is not able to grant iEADs anymore, the correct procedure is to take an infopass appointment and talk to the officer about your situation. In my case, the last officer I talked to re-sent an approved application to NBC, a few days later I got my confirmation email and later onmy EAD; what was strange about it is that the dates shown in the EAD card are September 7(valid from) and September 6(expiration).

Good luck to you.

garrulito said:
Mine took forever, it was stamped approved on September 7 during my interview, however, I did not get it until October 31. I went to infopass appointments three times, and from those experiences and the information I was given, I concluded they had lost my application. Some officers also say that EAD applications may be pending based on some security checks.

Although a District office is not able to grant iEADs anymore, the correct procedure is to take an infopass appointment and talk to the officer about your situation. In my case, the last officer I talked to re-sent an approved application to NBC, a few days later I got my confirmation email and later onmy EAD; what was strange about it is that the dates shown in the EAD card are September 7(valid from) and September 6(expiration).

Good luck to you.
Thank you, Garrulito!

It's really scary that they can actually lose paperwork... I'm sorry all this happened to you :( Glad it worked out.

Actually, my EAD is not outside their processing times at all, but since I still have to get fingerprinted, it may take forever... *sigh*

I got an RFE for tax stuff (something I already sent in) and that appeared to delay my application. My EAD hadn't been touched since August so I made an InfoPass and inquired about it. The officer there called up the service center and requested a push on it. My EAD was approved a week later. It took roughly 111 days for my EAD to be approved.

cdnchris said:
I got an RFE for tax stuff (something I already sent in) and that appeared to delay my application. My EAD hadn't been touched since August so I made an InfoPass and inquired about it. The officer there called up the service center and requested a push on it. My EAD was approved a week later. It took roughly 111 days for my EAD to be approved.
111 days is a long time!

I got an RFE for the tax stuff I had already sent too, and not much has been happening since they got my response. It's good that the Infopass officer was able to help you - IO's at our DO (San Jose) don't seem to be very helpful :(