ead case RD apr-27-2002

NJ-485

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
  I have a tricky situation, I am loosing my job at the end of June as my contract comes to
an end. The question I have is

1) I have applied for EAD and am waiting for it, can I start using my EAD while the application
is still pending.

2) Does anyone know how long it takes to get an EAD at Vermont service center.

NJ-485

Answer 1: NO , you have to wait for approval before being on EAD.

Check AVM with your EAD receipt number. Whatever the processing time is mentioned in the voice mail will be nearly accurate. However if it is more than 90 days from RD (generally RD of EAD) you can get an interim EAD from the nearest sub or district office. Search the field offices link in INS web site.

How to apply EAD

Hi,
    I would like to apply for EAD on my own not through my lawyer. Can anyone tell me how to apply for EAD. This is the first time I am applying for EAD. Could anyone tell me what form do I need to apply. I have applied for I-485 aobut 5 moths ago and did not apply for EAD at that time. Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Narsi.

How to apply for EAD

Hi,
    I would like to apply for EAD on my own not through my lawyer. Can anyone tell me how to apply for EAD. This is the first time I am applying for EAD. Could anyone tell me what form do I need to apply. I have applied for I-485 aobut 5 moths ago and did not apply for EAD at that time. Any help is appreciated
Thanks,
Narsi