EAD Card problem

garemani

Registered Users (C)
This is frustrating. I filed with TX to renew my EAD in September 2007 and did my biometrics finger printing in early November but I didnt get my card yet and my work permit expires in 4 days! I had an infopass appointment this morning but the officer told me she can do nothing! only option is to wait! does anyone have a suggestion? any similar experience? I'm going to be unemployed which will cause a lot of problem with no driving license and no health insurance.

Any suggestion/advice will be highly appreciated. My company is pushing to get me an H1B visa (expedited) to solve this problem before Jan 9. You think this can help?

Thanks

This is frustrating. I filed with TX to renew my EAD in September 2007 and did my biometrics finger printing in early November but I didnt get my card yet and my work permit expires in 4 days! I had an infopass appointment this morning but the officer told me she can do nothing! only option is to wait! does anyone have a suggestion? any similar experience? I'm going to be unemployed which will cause a lot of problem with no driving license and no health insurance.

Any suggestion/advice will be highly appreciated. My company is pushing to get me an H1B visa (expedited) to solve this problem before Jan 9. You think this can help?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that. This is really a pain. EAD will not be approve on time and local office does not provide i-EAD. But I find this in Page 24 of Employers Hand Book ( http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/m-274.pdf ) .

" DHS regulations provide that if it does not adjudicate an application for employment authorization within 90 days, it will grant an employment authorization document valid for a period not to exceed 240 days. To receive an interim employment authorization document, the individual should contact his or her local USCIS office. "

What is a "local USCIS office"!?!??!?! Is it the same as the place I went when I had an infopass? It was a local office and they clearly told me forget about temporary EAD! just sit and wait!

I was in same situation...

I have been in same situation. Its really frustrating. I went thru H1 route. My employer filed premium H1. But problem is you have to re enter US with new H1 to get new I94 ( to change status to H1).

But there is a work around. File H1 for validity of 6 months. As soon as H1 get approved you can file for H1 extn. ( since that can be filed only if you have 6 mo. or less left on current H1). New H1 extn. approval comes with I94 ( mean you don't have to leave country). After doing all this, I got EAD 1 week later. It was frustrating, but now my status was H1. Thats why its always recommended to maintain H1 status. I learnt it hard way.

Unfortunately, you don't have many choices. Good luck.

-Koolkat

Are there any people didn't get EAD renewed within 6 months even after applying 6 months in advance before previous EAD expired?(Please note that as per CIS it is required to apply 6 months in advance for EAD renewal)

When having H1B stamped in ur passport, can u return to the country using AP? this is my main question. People argue that H1B is no more valid the moment u use your AP. I have googled this and arguments mostly support this isea but some people still say in this forum that this is not true. Any comment?

If you have an unexpired H1B stamp and you exit and reenter the US using it, you would be put back in H1B status even if you had used AP for an earlier trip.

Go back to Infopass, assert yourself, talk to the supervisor, and get them to have TX expedite the EAD since it has been over 90 days.