EAD card approved for 3 months?!!?

Tinta

Registered Users (C)
Hello All Gurus, I would really appreciate some help on this.
I received my EAD today. According to the card, it is valid:
from 10/12/05 to 01/10/06.

I am really confused. I assumed that in general an EAD comes with a validity period of a year. Has anyone seen something like this? I am wondering if my lawyer made a mistake in the paperwork.

The documentation that came with the card states that you must re-apply for a new card, 3 months before expiration. That means I must apply right away!??

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Tinta

Looks like there is a typo on the date, it happens to me and I called the 1800 number (which is there on the Card approval letter) there ask to mail back the card with a covering letter stating the error. Got my new EAD card with corrected date in three weeks.

Thanks indianimmi!! I hope you are right. They made the same mistake with both me and my spouse's EAD cards. I feel a bit apprehensive and thought it was not a mistake given that it gave the same validity period for both of us.

Anyway, I will call tomorrow to get some clarification. I am just hoping that the AP will not have similar problems. Does anyone know what is the standard period of vailidity for EAD and AP? Is it one year? Does anyone ever get a period less than that?