ead blues

acfttech

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys I am not sure this is the correct forum for this question, so please bare with me. I applied for a ead (i130/i1765/1485 nd 3/19/06...r/d 3/23/06, fp/bio 4/7/06. lud 4/40/06 , DO NYC), my status is that of a H1B married to a USC. Can I still accept a job if offered even though the ead in not in my possesion, but should be on the way the latest 6/23/06? my lawyer said I can do that and it would not effect my current H1B, just say that it is on the way.. If yes what can I show to their HR that would allow me to take this job(my ss card says "not authorized to work without ins authorization"). I really do not want to destroy my chances of getting a GR by working without authorization. Your help with a similiar situation would be appreciated.

Thx

acfttech said:
Hey guys I am not sure this is the correct forum for this question, so please bare with me. I applied for a ead (i130/i1765/1485 nd 3/19/06...r/d 3/23/06, fp/bio 4/7/06. lud 4/40/06 , DO NYC), my status is that of a H1B married to a USC. Can I still accept a job if offered even though the ead in not in my possesion, but should be on the way the latest 6/23/06? my lawyer said I can do that and it would not effect my current H1B, just say that it is on the way.. If yes what can I show to their HR that would allow me to take this job(my ss card says "not authorized to work without ins authorization"). I really do not want to destroy my chances of getting a GR by working without authorization. Your help with a similiar situation would be appreciated.

Thx

you have two options
1. Get your H1-B transferred to the new employer, this way you dont have to wait for the EAD to start the new job
2. Wait for your EAD

Your lawyer is giving you wrong information. You cannot work without your EAD unless you transfer your H1-B (As the spouse of a USC, your unauthorized/illegal employment before you apply for AOS is forgiven, but does not mean that you work illegally after you apply for AOS).

ead

Thx, kind of felt that, just checking..I just checked and the lud says 5/6/06, but no message just a blank space for the status, what does that mean?

acfttech said:
Thx, kind of felt that, just checking..I just checked and the lud says 5/6/06, but no message just a blank space for the status, what does that mean?

That means your case is being processed and you should see some progress soon...