EAD biometrics lost in the mail

sgupta01

Registered Users (C)
Hi
Need some advice. My husband and I efiled our EADs on Dev 22nd. Received the receipts on Dec 28th and on 1/3 LUD changed. Sure enough I got my biometrics notice for early next week but my husband's notice didnt come.We have had some cases of lost mail, so either the notice is lost by the postman or uscis.His application was a few 100 ahead of me , so we are sure its lost. Called the 1-800 number who said to call in 60 days. Has anyone been in a similar situation and if yes how did they handle it. Our ASC is Newark, NJ

Thanks
S

Not necessary it is lost. VSC delays in sending ASC appt letter. I e-filed mine on 10/31/06 and got ASC letter on 12/10/06.

sgupta01 said:
Hi
Need some advice. My husband and I efiled our EADs on Dev 22nd. Received the receipts on Dec 28th and on 1/3 LUD changed. Sure enough I got my biometrics notice for early next week but my husband's notice didnt come.We have had some cases of lost mail, so either the notice is lost by the postman or uscis.His application was a few 100 ahead of me , so we are sure its lost. Called the 1-800 number who said to call in 60 days. Has anyone been in a similar situation and if yes how did they handle it. Our ASC is Newark, NJ

Thanks
S

I am pretty sure its lost , as the LUD on both of us changed but only I recvd the biometrics notice. We both have filed together with both our app nums differing few numbers. Additionally we have had problems with lost mail - have complained to post office and they r looking into it. Any ideas what to do other than wait 60 days or refile?

S

sgupta01 said:
I am pretty sure its lost , as the LUD on both of us changed but only I recvd the biometrics notice. We both have filed together with both our app nums differing few numbers. Additionally we have had problems with lost mail - have complained to post office and they r looking into it. Any ideas what to do other than wait 60 days or refile?

S
sgupta01,

I had a similar situation where my biometric appointment notice arrived and my spouse's didn't (I am the primary). It was only about a week later that my spouse's notice arrived. What was interesting though was that the appointment dates, the notice dates and even the mailing dates (based on the mailing stamp on the envelope) in both cases were exactly the same... I don't know whether it was delayed at USCIS or in the mail... So it might still arrive.

i am sure it will come, my recept. date is also 1/3/07, i got my biometrics notice y'day....so i am sure it is just USPS delay...

sgupta01 said:

S
In case your husband's appt notice doesn't come in the mail tag him along when you go for your biometrics appt. If he's scheduled for the same day, but his appt letter got lost in the mail, the ASC office will still have his name on their list of applicants scheduled for biometrics on that day. Take his EAD receipt notice along so that they know that he has applied for EAD renewal. They need the notice also to scan the barcode into the system.

Goodluck.

Heres an update - we both went to Newark ACS and I did my biometrics. The lady there said that there have been cases of delays in mail or sending our the biometrics letters so we should wait a week or two and then write to the Commerce St center explaining he hasnt recvd the biometrics and to reschedule it . Not sure if this will work but we will try and post back if it does.

Thks!

sgupta01 said:
Heres an update - we both went to Newark ACS and I did my biometrics. The lady there said that there have been cases of delays in mail or sending our the biometrics letters so we should wait a week or two and then write to the Commerce St center explaining he hasnt recvd the biometrics and to reschedule it . Not sure if this will work but we will try and post back if it does.

Thks!

Did you ask to find out if your husband was scheduled for biometrics or did they tell you that?

I hope you he gets his appt letter in the mail in a week or two.

goodluck

An update:
The Newark ASC lady at the door had told us to write to them saying my husband's notice was lost in the mail for biometrics and so they shd reschedule his biometrics. Since we didnt hear from the Newark ASC my husband took an Infopass appmt at Mt Laurel ( which is the ASC for Mercer County ) and the lady made an appmt for him. Now we received 2 notices ( 2 days apart indicating both the things work and the systems are not linked) . My husband will be going for the first appmt and telling them he has gotten 2 notices.Hope this helps others whose notices get lost in the mail

Hi, I filed my EAD application on 1/3/07, and still haven't received the bio notice. Then I went online and found out the USCIS letter to me on 1/25 was returned by post office as undeliverable!! It's certainly not my problem as I didn't change address. So I called the customer service number, but they only put up a service request of resend the letter to me. I'm really worried if this time the address will be incorrect again! What should I do?

I would recommend taking an Infopass appmt with ' Have a question about my case option'. They will verify the address and make another appmt for you and tell you the date for it there itself.

sgupta01 said:
I would recommend taking an Infopass appmt with ' Have a question about my case option'. They will verify the address and make another appmt for you and tell you the date for it there itself.

Yes, but you still need the appointment letter to go for your biometrics.
don't you?

Sorry if I wasnt clear earlier, Infopass guys make a new appmt and you get a app letter in the mail. Using this letter you appear for your biometrics on scheduled date.

I'm recently applied for our (me and spouse) I140/485/EAD & AP. The RD is 1/24/07 and ND is 1/30/2007 on all applications. I believe this was paper-based filing to NSC (company lawyer send the papers via FedEx). The 140 is NOT premium processing. LC is EB2 with a PD date on 1/8/2002.

We have not received any other updates since the Receipts. I had a few questions..I hope someone can help:

1. Any idea on when I should receive the biometric/fingerPrinting notice? I've read on this forums of ppl receiveing biometric notices within a week. Hence I ma worried.
2. Is fingerprinting required before EAD will be processed?
3. I have already registered on the uscis site to send me email updates when a change in our cases occur. Currently, the only status this is showing is that "cases were received on 1/30/2007...we will send u updates as/when they occur". Is ther any other place where I will/might get more updates?

thanx,
icici