EAD Atlanta Office

Allready78

Registered Users (C)
:cool: I'd like to know if there is anyone here that has an EA Application pending in Atlanta ....Gimme a holler....Later!!

HI

Mine is not pending in Atlanta office. I have applied for my 485 EAD and AP in CSC. But, as I have moved to Atlanta area, I am trying to goto Atlanta INS district office to get my I-EAD.

My 90 days passes sometime mid January. I will update here when I get to go. Hoping to get the EAD before that...... (some wonder should happen...)

Here is my experience with temp EAD at Alanta today

Hi,

I applied for temporary/interim EAD at INS Atlanta today. My ND was 09/17/02. Got there at 5:40AM, there were only 3 people ahead of me (they had come 15 min earlier to me). After waiting there till 6:30am in cold, the security guard let us into the building. Inside we waited till 7:30 at the information counter. At 7:30 they looked at my initial paper work (All I took was a copy of EAD receipt & an I-765 application filed in, carry your passport as your photo ID or the previous EAD if you are renewing EAD) at informaton desk asked to wait in another room where all EAD guys were waiting. Most of them there were family-based EAD applicants with appointment. An extremely polite lady (I was pleasantly surprised by that, as you hear how snuby INS people are, she was greeting everybody nice, etc) there told the 4-5 us who came as walk-in that it may take 2-3 hours for us. We left to cafeteria & had coffee *& came back after 1 hr.

Then around 12 noon they asked us to take the picture (no interview for all of us walk-ins) & gave me a 12 month EAD just like all other family-based EAD applicants there who originaly had applied at the INS Atlanta (unlike me not at TSC). Then while taking the original EAD receipt, the officer noticed the mistake and asked "you applied at TSC, right?". I said "yes". "Oh you should only get for 6 months". Then I had to wait another 30 min, they retook my picture & got a new EAD with 6 months validity.

I talked with another lady who came to the center at 6:30 & she could also get the EAD. I dont know if it was a light day or what, at least based on todays experience you can come in by 6 - 6:30 AM.

Hope it helps.

http://groups.msn.com/TexasImmigrat...essage=14741&LastModified=4675401833626549706

Great!!

HI gc_485_atl,
Thanks for your update. This is very much useful.
I have a question.

I have applied for my 485/EAD/Ap in CSC. Will that be an issue, if I go for I-EAD to Atlanta INS office??

Appreciate your help. Thanks and best wishes.

I dont think TSC or CSC matters

Hi Atri,

I don't think which service center you applied at matters for temporary EAD. In fact now I recall, the officer just asked me "you applied at Service Center, right? You should get only 6 month EAD here...". He didn't say TSC. So just go try it out. Be there before 6 am & prepare to take at least 1/2 day off. Post your experience & best of luck.

Hi gc_485_atl,
Thanks a ton for your reply. I am happy to know that and I will post my experiences. I will be going on Jan 21st 2003 for my I-EAD.

Thanks again.

EAD

Good to know that I'm not the only one waiting on EAD approval...I hope since I filed here in Atlanta that it takes them less time to approve mine ....If not I don't mind waiting til the time is up ...I would love to hear from someone that also filed their applications here in Atlanta....I appreciate ur posts guys..Later!:p

gc_485_atl,
Can you tell me was there any problems in parking when you went to the INS office in Atlanta? Where did you park you car? Is it better to drive OR to go by MARTA train? How long would be the INS office from "Five points" station??

Appreciate your help man. Thanks.