EAD at newark, nj

njeb1

Registered Users (C)
Totally bad!!!!!
yesterday, We went to there at 6am. waited outside. At 7:45am, some person came out and ask people lined up. after another 3 hours, we were checked in the building. waited about 45 min, a woman called \'next\' . we said we want to renew the card. The so called IIO said they did not do it \'if you applied at VSC, dealing with them, we NEVER did this and we do not make the card here. your application was filed with VSC, so there is nothing to do with us\' and throwed our paperwork out of the window. I even did not get the number to see the \'real\' iio. She is the rudest person I ever met. She did not allow us to explain. During the time we explaining to her, she said she would call police. We told her that newark did this before. Finally, she check with other person and LEARND that after 90 days of the ND of ead, them can do it. because she has no idea about this, there was no way around, so we have to wait 90 days which is after my card expired for 15 days and i may lost my job.
We are the tax payer, their salary comes from our hard work, our money. How can they treat people like that?! Just because they are the fedreal employee?!

No Title

I applied for EID for my wife and its over two months now. I told my lawyer and he said he will get back.
I guess better to sleep till 2001!!!

No Title

You have a few options:

1. Get your lawyer involved and get his/her advice
2. Go back to Newark and hope you get a different person at the window - if they still act tough, show them what is indicated in your EAD application - that if VSC has not given it to you in 90 days, then you are entitled to go to your local INS office and get it there. You\'re NOT doing anything illegal. So, they cannot call the police on to you. And even if the policeman comes over, show him or her the appropriate document and say that the rep isn\'t right. Say you have spoken to VSC and they are the ones who advised to you to go to Newark. You are a tax payer. You are entitled to be there and so a policeman cannot do anything to you. And you don\'t need to take crap from a person whose salary you are paying through your taxes. If the offiicer creates a problem ask to speak to his or her boss - and say that you will not leave till you get a chance to talk to him or her. Also, tell them you will contact your senator and congressman if they create a hassle and give you your entitlement. Don\'t be all humble like a typical deshi. It\'s because you act all humble they think they can give you crap. Talk confidentally, and nicely. If after you\'ve talked nicely and confidentally, they still give you a hassle, THEN get tough. What do you think they\'ll do? They can\'t screw things up for you at Newark as long as you\'ve done everything legally. Remember, Newark is only the local office that has to follow the law.
3. Your third option is to go to NYC, and tell them that you have moved recently to NY - bascially get a friend\'s address - say you did it over the weekend, and haven\'t got all your address change, etc. They will give it to you on the spot. They don\'t have lines (go straight to the 9th floor) and do it rather quickly.

No Title

I think you went there on a Wednesday which is mainly by appointment only.
And that may be the reason for the extra delays. Try to go their on some other day.