EAD approved

No Title

Thanks for sharing the information with us. Can you tell me the
date you filed the application? is it Feb,01?

Thanks.

No Title

Thanks for posting.
I have a question for you. It took about 1 month and 10 days(approximately) for your EAD to get approved. Relatively it was approved faster in your case. Was it a any special case like you were on your 1st EAD which is about to expire etc? I heard that INS approves such cases faster as they are aware that you will not be able to work unless you get your new EAD after the expiry of your old one. I have applied for my 2nd EAD (RD Feb 27, ND Mar5, 2001). Haven\'t heard anything so far. Though I had my 1st EAD, I never used it as I continued to be on H1-B. My H1-B (6 years) expires on May2,2001. I am not sure if I will get my EAD by that time. Otherwise I will be in trouble as I can\'t work in that case. Also, any idea as to how long it takes for AP at TSC? I am planning to visit India in the month of May (not sure yet). Can one get AP at local INS center instead of applying at TSC?

Please share your experience.
thanks a lot.

My details: PD July 7,1997, EB3 INDIA, 485 RD Aug 99, ND Oct 99, FP Dec 99, EAD Dec 99.

desi90210

No Title

Are you the same guy in TSC 140 tracking list ? How can you submit 485 before 140 is approved (3/2) ?

No Title

I don\'t know whom you are referring to.
If it is me, then I have finished my 140 in early 1999 and applied for 485 when all categories have become current in Aug 1999.
Let me know if you need any more info.

thanks,
desi90210

No Title

Hi, desi90210,

This is actually my first EAD. I don\'t know the reason why it is approved relatively quickly. It might be the case that TSC is improving its service.

I have not received AP yet, although historically AP is faster than EAD.

Best luck to you!
Liddy

No Title

Hi, Ray,

I forgot to clarify that my I485 application was based on I140 EB1-EA
submitted to VSC, not the I140 EB1-OR submitted to TSC. The VCS I140 was approved around December, 2000 time.

Thanks,
Liddy

No Title

Hi,

since you got an EAD, can you work for another company, not the employer who petitioned you?

Thanks.