EAD approved in just over 2 weeks!

gb04

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD renewal with RD of Dec 27th. It got approved today. I am happy as there would've been a 1 week gap (before getting IEAD) if it had taken longer but sad that I lost over 2 months in the process and will need to apply again in Oct. Anyway, its a good thing overall.

Btw, I applied for renewal myself with barebone documents: Just whatever was listed in the application form plus a cover letter. Thats it. No paystubs, no driver's license copy, no marriage cert (for spouse EAD), no copy of 140 approval, etc. Not that I am encouraging people to do the same but it didn't hurt my case.

Oh and I did send I797 D too. Read my previous post about this.

Mine pending

I have applied renewal of EAD for my wife around Nov'10 and it is still pending. I have sent all documents like marriage certificate, my I-140 etc but still pending. She got a mail from her employer about losing job if not get it within 60 days thats when it expires.

Don't know what to do. Just waiting.

anandsbr,
Iam in the same position. I sent my papers for EAD extension in the first week of November.USCIS recieved the papers on nov16. So far no updates from them.With every passing day the immigration authorities are making lives miserable.

gb04,
You are better off getting it earlier than waiting with uncertainity like me.btw have you received the cards or just saw an approval online ?

i just saw the approval notice but it was a friday and this is the first working day for postal service since then so i am not breaking sweat yet.

After 90 days of EAD notice date ( ND) you can go to local INS office to get an interim EAD. I would not imagine someone filing EAD when less than 90 days are left on it ! Best practice is to fedex EAD application to USCIS when its expiration is 100 days away !

Last edited by a moderator:
3rd EAD renew - AC21 applied in Dec 2005

I have also send 3rd EAD paper base renewal in Dec 2005. they have received and got reciept also. three times LUD changed and today My I-485 LUD changed (No message Change). I have also send AR-11 and called CS in Dec 2005 to change address.

What is reason to change LUD of I-485 ?
If I do not reiceve after 90 Days , can I go for interim EAD. Anyone have experience in twin city/MN area to get interim EAD.

Thanks,

How long does it take after checks cashed?

I filed my paper 3EAD at VSC. (See my signature).
How long does it take after checks cashed?

Yes

Yes, Mine expires in March 10th and I have applied around Nov'15. I guess it is right saying I have applied 90 days before. No LUD change yet and am still waiting.

Quick question to all renewal applicants who have been waiting for over a month: Did you include 797D with your application? This is the stub from your original EAD approval.