EAD Approved in 22 days !

Ma-Wizard

Registered Users (C)
Our EAD's were approved in 22 days. RD 06/28 NSC. Didn't receive the cards yet. Wonder if the start dates on these new cards kick in after our current ead expires. :rolleyes:

When was ur previous ead expiring and what expiry date did you get for new approval? Do they count it from the day the approval is granted or is it from the day previous was expiring.

My previous EAD is expiring on Sept 19th. I haven't received my new cards yet. Will post once I see the dates on it.

My EAD Got approved last month and i got from the day previous was expiring. I didnt loose a single day.

Approved Quickly

Hello,
My husband's EAD also got approved quickly! His expires on Aug. 30 and he didn't send a renewal app until July 8. (and that's because I had to remind him his EAD was expiring-men are so forgetful :p ) Anywho, his RD is July 11 and today July 25 his LUD said his case was approved and approval notice will be sent. We thought we would be in trouble considering processing time showed it was taking 3 months. None the less it was a pleasant surprise. :D

Though my previous ead expiry date was 09/18, these idiots renewed our ead's the day it was approved. Lost 2 months on previous card. Similar experiences with past ead renewals. So far lost 6-7 months.

New EAD approved in 21 days

EAD RD 07/03/06, ND 07/05/06. Approved 07/26/06, Card received 08/01/06.

Incidentally, my H1B expired on 07/31/06. So I was cutting it a bit close. The extension had been filed and there is no sign of any movement on that front.

tsc_eb1or,

Can I know whether you efiled or paper filed your EAD?
Do you received notification via email or postal mail?
It seems that your case is super fast....

Likuliku,

I did not efile.

I got the notification first by email and then by postal mail.

As to super-speed processing, I think the processing at all the service centers is completely random. I know of people with 485 filings well after me who have had their cases approved in as short as 4-5 months (concurrently filed 140-485 etc for EB1 cases)

I am still waiting on my 485 status. Stuck in namecheck apparently.

Oh by the way I never submitted the Birth certificates.

My experience has been, file only those documents that have been requested and are necessary. Anything extra either raises a red flag or they dont know what to do with it so they spend the additional time debating what to do with it.

cheers
tsc_eb1or

Same with me

hello Friends,

My 3rd EADwas approved in just 2 weeks.

RD 7/17/06
ND 7/21/06
AD 8/4/06

Card order on the same day (8/04/06) and I am expecting some time next week. MY AP also AD on same day.

Guys

Does your new EAD starts after the previous one expires or do the dates overlap ?

hss_MD

I also applied EAD & AP at the same time. My EAD got approved but I'm waiting for my AP. Which service center did you file your AP from ?

hss_MD said:
hello Friends,

My 3rd EADwas approved in just 2 weeks.

RD 7/17/06
ND 7/21/06
AD 8/4/06

Card order on the same day (8/04/06) and I am expecting some time next week. MY AP also AD on same day.

Ma-Wizard said:
Guys

Does your new EAD starts after the previous one expires or do the dates overlap ?

hss_MD

I also applied EAD & AP at the same time. My EAD got approved but I'm waiting for my AP. Which service center did you file your AP from ?

I renewed both EAD and AP at the same time. EAD was approved in 14 days and card was received yesterday. But so far, no word for AP as yet. BTW, new EAD starts from the date of approval not the date when old EAD expires.
My applications were sent to NSC.

Hello all,

I applied for my 4th EAD renewal online and got the same message as some of you guys.

"BCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center
(ASC). You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with a specific date, time, and place where
you will have your fingerprints and/or photo taken.
• You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice prior to going to the ASC for processing.
• This Confirmation Receipt notice is NOT your appointment notice."

The last time that I applied, I used to take an appointment myself and then mail the documents after the fingerprints and all that. Looks like they've changed the system now and they would be setting up the appointment for us. But the issue for me is, I have my address in Ohio and I work in Seattle, so will have to go to Seattle office and request for a change of location for fingure prints appt.

I've seen your messages regarding EAD Renewal and Bio metrics appointment. So, I was wondering what you did for the same. Did you mail the supporting documents before they sent out an appointment notice, or did you wait for the notice and then mailed the docs? And how long did it take for you to get approved?

I would greatly appreciate if you can let me know asap.

Thank you
Kiran.

kvangala said:
Hello all,

I applied for my 4th EAD renewal online and got the same message as some of you guys.

"BCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT to have your biometrics taken at a BCIS Application Support Center
(ASC). You will be receiving a biometrics appointment notice by mail with a specific date, time, and place where
you will have your fingerprints and/or photo taken.
• You MUST wait for your biometrics appointment notice prior to going to the ASC for processing.
• This Confirmation Receipt notice is NOT your appointment notice."

The last time that I applied, I used to take an appointment myself and then mail the documents after the fingerprints and all that. Looks like they've changed the system now and they would be setting up the appointment for us. But the issue for me is, I have my address in Ohio and I work in Seattle, so will have to go to Seattle office and request for a change of location for fingure prints appt.

I've seen your messages regarding EAD Renewal and Bio metrics appointment. So, I was wondering what you did for the same. Did you mail the supporting documents before they sent out an appointment notice, or did you wait for the notice and then mailed the docs? And how long did it take for you to get approved?

I would greatly appreciate if you can let me know asap.

Thank you
Kiran.

I received BIO appointment notice after 3 weeks. Documnets can be sent separately.

I have the same question on approval, now that EADs are processed only by NSC for all service centers and there are no iEADs, i wonder what is going to happen.

EAD & AP Approved

EB3 - Worldwide - CSC
Labor PD - Aug 7th ‘01
I140 - AD Sept 2004
CP Interview scheduled - 07/03/05
CP interview cancelled due to retrogression
Returned from home Sept 05
485, AP, EAD (Self & Spouse) - ND 07/17/06
AP & EAD AD (Self & Spouse) - 08/14/06
485 - ?