EAD approved but missing..

cristinanj

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for EAD in May. It was approved in July. I moved from my old address in July. I called BCIS and changed the address also mailed in the AR11 forms. I never got my EAD card. I called BCIS and inquired about the EAD. After a copul of weeks, I have received a letter from BCIS stating that they haven't received the cards back and asked me to apply for a new EAD with proper fee and documentation. My VISA is getting expired on Nov.20, 2003. I have asked my employer to file for my H1B extension. They sent the documents to the attorney office. The attorney says, she will apply only just before(1 OR 2 WEEKS) my current H1B expires. I don't know what's wrong with her.

Does anybody here think that I will be in any kind of trouble if I don't have the H1B receipt number before my current H1B expires?
Should I apply for a new EAD?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by cristinanj
I have applied for EAD in May. It was approved in July. I moved from my old address in July. I called BCIS and changed the address also mailed in the AR11 forms. I never got my EAD card. I called BCIS and inquired about the EAD. After a copul of weeks, I have received a letter from BCIS stating that they haven't received the cards back and asked me to apply for a new EAD with proper fee and documentation. My VISA is getting expired on Nov.20, 2003. I have asked my employer to file for my H1B extension. They sent the documents to the attorney office. The attorney says, she will apply only just before(1 OR 2 WEEKS) my current H1B expires. I don't know what's wrong with her.

Does anybody here think that I will be in any kind of trouble if I don't have the H1B receipt number before my current H1B expires?
Should I apply for a new EAD?

Thanks in advance.

Did you ask the postal authorities at your old address to forward your mail to new address? If so, did you contact them again about this particular mail from BCIS?

Same thing happened to my EAD even though I am staying at the same address. I checked with postal office, BCIS customer support but it is hard to track it as it is normal post. When I sent an inquiry to BCIS, they sent me a reply saying that I should apply for Replacement EAD which I did. I got the approved EAD cards within a month.

I dont know why your lawyer is cutting so close to the expiry date but if you want to be safe, there is no harm in applying for a new EAD or replacement EAD as well as H1 extension.

If it is Vermont, usually you get the receipt notice within 2 weeks.
Hope this info helps.

I will apply for a replacement EAD and also apply for H1B extension. I think your answer helped me. thanks.

I have another question. I have updated my address for 5 times on I-485.
Does this have any impact on my GC processing?
Are there any chances for denial?

I do not think changing addresses multiple times has any adverse effect on approval. But you have to make sure your latest address is on file with BCIS. I changed address twice within the state and didnt have any problem.