EAD approved, but AP shows up??

biffbronson

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I got an email from MSC on Thursday that my EAD was approved. Today in the mail the AP showed up, but when I go online it says the AP hasn't been approved yet. Is that normal? How long should it take for the EAD card to show up?
Thanks!

biffbronson,

We received the same email from USCIS on 8/4. Received the card on 8/9 with return address from Lees Summit, MO (NBC).

It would be nice to receive the AP as well though. Hope it gets straightened out quickly and relatively painlessly.

Regards,
LB

hello,
Can you post the exact dates of your filings.
I would like to know how many days its taking to get the EAD, from NBC now a days.

receipt date at nbc was 6/15
fingerprints 7/1
ead approval email 8/4, then another email last night saying that the card was mailed on the 10th....whew...
ap arrived in mail 8/9

lardbird said:
biffbronson,

We received the same email from USCIS on 8/4. Received the card on 8/9 with return address from Lees Summit, MO (NBC).

It would be nice to receive the AP as well though. Hope it gets straightened out quickly and relatively painlessly.

Regards,
LB

LB,

Could you please give the exact dates from receipt date to received the EAD and others and where did you submit your application?

Thanks!
Dip

Application Submit at Harrford, Connecticut

I submit my I-485, I-130, I-131 and I-765 at Hartford, CT and
>MSC received on the same day on July 28, 04;
>Receipt date August 3, 04;
>Finger print and biometrics on August 14, 04;
>Finger print review August 19, 04.

Now I am waiting. I saw in the NBC priority date for EAD on Feb 5, 04. So I have to wait for anohter 6 months to get my EAD and another 4 months for my Advance Parole? Can I get my EAD and AP before the NBC-posted priority date? If anybody knows anything about it Please let me know? I appreciate it.

Thanks!

Dip

Dip,

Here you go.

For all interested...we filed in late-May 04 with a RD of 6/1/04. It's now 8/25 and all of our short-term concerns are covered. My wife is able to work and travel at her discretion...this was our most important short term goal. We have EAD and AP, all complete within 80 days of RD. Whatever the time period required for 130 and 485 turns out to be, we are able to live our lives reasonably without INS stress until they are complete (except for possible required renewals, both EAD and AP were 1 year expirations).

Good luck to all,
LB

Just an update to our status in Chicago...

Previously posted info...
Chicago District Office to NBC
Mailed I-485 w 130, 131 and 765 on 5/26.
Received a receipt notice from MSC/NBC on 6/10 w ND of 6/9 and RD of 6/1.
Still waiting for Priority Date notification.
Fingerprinting set for 7/24.

New update...8/25/04
Fingerprinted on 7/24...surprisingly painless at ASC Naperville.
7/30 - 765 & 485 status updated online at bcis.gov, showing resumption of processing after biometrics.
8/4 - 765 status updated online. Received Received card 8/9/04 from NBC.
8/16 - AP Status updated online showing approval at NBC. Received AP in mail around 8/19.

Good luck to all,
Lardbird

lardbird said:
Dip,

Here you go.

For all interested...we filed in late-May 04 with a RD of 6/1/04. It's now 8/25 and all of our short-term concerns are covered. My wife is able to work and travel at her discretion...this was our most important short term goal. We have EAD and AP, all complete within 80 days of RD. Whatever the time period required for 130 and 485 turns out to be, we are able to live our lives reasonably without INS stress until they are complete (except for possible required renewals, both EAD and AP were 1 year expirations).

Good luck to all,
LB

Just an update to our status in Chicago...

Previously posted info...
Chicago District Office to NBC
Mailed I-485 w 130, 131 and 765 on 5/26.
Received a receipt notice from MSC/NBC on 6/10 w ND of 6/9 and RD of 6/1.
Still waiting for Priority Date notification.
Fingerprinting set for 7/24.

New update...8/25/04
Fingerprinted on 7/24...surprisingly painless at ASC Naperville.
7/30 - 765 & 485 status updated online at bcis.gov, showing resumption of processing after biometrics.
8/4 - 765 status updated online. Received Received card 8/9/04 from NBC.
8/16 - AP Status updated online showing approval at NBC. Received AP in mail around 8/19.

Good luck to all,
Lardbird

LB,

Thanks for your information. It really helps.
Did bcis.gov update your I-765? They updated my I-485 but they didn't update my I-765 after giving my finger print and biometrics. Do you think it's a problem to get EAD? I am kinda worried about it. Do you think I should call bcis customer service?

All the best.
Dip

biffbronson said:
receipt date at nbc was 6/15
fingerprints 7/1
ead approval email 8/4, then another email last night saying that the card was mailed on the 10th....whew...
ap arrived in mail 8/9

Biffbronson,

Did BCIS.gov updated your I-485 and I-765 after giving your fingerprint and biometrics, like LB? Please let me know.

Thanks!
Dip

Dip92,

BCIS updated our online status the second business day after we did biometrics. My recollection is that they only updated the 485 status and sent an email that said something like "this application has resumed processing". I do not recall that the other cases were updated online prior to the "this application has been approved" update/email.

Good luck to you,
LB

lardbird said:
Dip92,

BCIS updated our online status the second business day after we did biometrics. My recollection is that they only updated the 485 status and sent an email that said something like "this application has resumed processing". I do not recall that the other cases were updated online prior to the "this application has been approved" update/email.

Good luck to you,
LB

Thanks so much LB. I also called the customer service and she was really polite and figured out my all the information and told me, BCIS only update the I-485. Rest of the form will be updated after aproval . I appreciate your information. I think we should keep in touch with more details time to time.

Good luck to everbody.

Dip

Its been 90 days since I applied for my I-765 so I called USCIS and they told me since its been 90 days I need to use info pass for an appointment and get a temporary work authorization card - but the real card wont come till 4 more weeks - and I can still work on it - damn its been a long time coming!

scillegal said:
Its been 90 days since I applied for my I-765 so I called USCIS and they told me since its been 90 days I need to use info pass for an appointment and get a temporary work authorization card - but the real card wont come till 4 more weeks - and I can still work on it - damn its been a long time coming!

Scillegal,

Where did you apply and what's your all dates including RD?

Thanks!

Dip