EAD Approved as per AVM but question about the message?

icy

Registered Users (C)
Finally my wife\'s EAD has been approved on 6th April as per AVM. Message says that case has been approved and new card has been issued. Acc. to message it takes 45-60 days for the new card.
Application ND is jan 22 2000.
My Question is that does it take that long for an EAD card as i see people receiving EAD card within 3 months of their application. Even my card came last year in less than 3 months?
Once my wife start using EAD, does she loses H4 status? Can she travel outside the country on H4 after that or we\'ll need AP? Acc. to message for advanced parole it is taking 120-150 days? Any way one can get temporarily AP in the case of emergency?

thanks in advance

No Title

I also had similar message (4/4/01), but the message changed second day (04/05/01)to \'approval notice mailed\' and on 04/06/01 the cards were in my mail box.

Did you got your I-485 approved? Or did you got EAD approved earlier.

No Title

Apply the EAD & AP at local INS office if you need it quick !

How many time I need to told you guy, Just walk into your local INS office and get one ticket number then waiting they calling your number (may wait about 2~3 hour). Give then your EAD application form and $$$(check or momey order). They will call you again, take the picture then wait anyother 20~30 min. Then YOU ARE DONE, YOU HAVE THE EAD AT YOUR HAND.

For the AP, It may be take 2~3 week. But if you asking then quick, they may do thing different. In my case, I did it at indianapolis Indiana. I get EAD (first time apply, NOT re_new) at same day and AP after 3 working day.

icy,
Your wife will losed H4 status after she satrt use the EAD. I will suggestion she get her AP.

By the way, when people using the AP back to US. At airport, the INS people will asking you going to secondary office and waiting there. (God it is very scary me) It is O.K because the office do not have the correct stamp which need put in your passport and AP paper.(I just use my AP back to US)

No Title

thanks for the reply..
Still waiting for I485. My PD 3/9/98 RD 8/24/00 FP 2/25/01, so i guess i have to wait for few more months. I had my EAD approved by 11/17/00.

No Title

Hi,By the way, did you submit your I-94 when departure, and get new one while reentering usong AP? what kind os documents you need to show them whem usong AP? thanks

No Title

sara,

I answer the question at "Employment Authorizations and Advance Parole" " question about using AP travel.
You always giving back your old I-94 when you leaving US and get new I-94 when you back to US. no matter your are using AP
   or H-1 or F-1...

About using AP :

1. When you came back to US, you need show your AP at airport when you ckeck in your air ticket ( The airline need to make
   sure that you can legal enter US)

2. You need fill the new I-94 again before you enter US.

3. Show AP document and the extra copy to INS people when you enter US.

4. 80%, they will asking you going to secondary INS office. (Because they do not have right stamp with them)

5. they will put stamp in your passport and the AP document then write "AOS" (adjust of status) inside that stamp.

6. remember get your AP doucment back, you can reuse it when you want leave US again.

Holp that help.

have a nice trip !