EAD Approved .... apparently

jimothy

Registered Users (C)
I just had a call from my congresswoman's immigration liaison to say that my EAD has been approved and should be mailed out in a couple of days, nothing online yet but I am feeling much more positive about it now. Not sure what happened between yesterday (liaison guessed at two weeks) and today (approved) but I am not going to dwell on it too much. Maybe there was more that the liaison was able to do or maybe one call was all it took to spur CIS on. All I can say is that my congresswoman's office are in my good books again and I feel kinda bad for saying they weren't able to help.

Received Date on notice 10/31
Notice date 10/31
Online status says received on 10/31
LUD 11/8

Congrats

Good job done! Congrats.
Any chance you can tel which congressman I should write and how to find out about that?

First of al I haven't actually received an email conformation yet so I'm still only cautiously optimistic.

You should write to whichever congressperson represents you. There is a tool that lets you search by your zip at www.house.gov if you are not sure who that is

Hi Jimothy

Can you please post a sample of the expedited letter you sent to missouri service center. Also what address did you send this to? This will help others who would like to do the same.

By your dates it looks like it took you about 90 days for approval so i am guessing if the expedite really worked or they just process it in 90 days like they should. My notice date is 11/13 and 90 days wont be up until feb 11, i am confused if i should start the expedite process now or should wait until feb 11 and start the process

I am also a H-1 B married to USC and started working on EAD since 2 years so never really used my H-1 B completely. I am getting tired of this EAD process and uncertainity( iam suck in name check for 31 months now). If EAD is delayed can i find an employer who is ready to process a H-1 B again and go back working on H-1 B is that possible?I have never seen any posts of people doing that , if anyone knows please let me know

If I was you I would wait until your 90 days are up. I posted my expedite letter on about the 4th and I am being told that my EAD was just approved yesterday, the 25th, so I am certain the expedite had nothing to do with it. Having said that I still have seen no change in LUD and have received no emails so I am feeling less confident about it again now.

Unless you have a really good reason why you didn't apply more than 90 days before you needed the card my opinion is that the expedite letter will be not worth it.

e-mail approval

Hi Jimothy and others

My first notice of action was on Nov 8th 2006. I just got an e-mail today (28th January) indicating that my EAD has been authorized and the card is on the way.

Best of luck to you all. Keep posting.

Lets go and contribute to this fine country. After all it must be better than our own or we wouldn't be here, though this immigration process is incredibly stressful

AB

My report from my congresswoman may have been a little premature. I did get an updated LUD today but it still says pending. Tomorrow is my 91st day so I'm going up to the DO to see whats going on. This is starting to really get me down :(

If you saw a LUD it means they started the processing. I saw posts apparently you get 3-4 LUD's before the approval message shows up. It should be approved if your congressman has said so .. It has taken some people 4 days to see the message online after an approval. I hope you will see the approval soon good luck

Went for my InfoPass yesterday and the officer told me it was approved on the 25th, the same I was told by my congresswoman. He also told me that the card was currently being produced. However it is now six days later and my online status has not changed. This despite the fact that my LUD changed after the 25th. I am beginning to think they are just trying to stall me because it is after 90 days. Going back for another InfoPass next Monday if it hasn't come by then.

Hi Jimothy and others

I was eager to see how your Infopass went. After my approval notice (from MSC) came on Jan 26th, my new EAD arrived yesterday. About 81 days in total from first notice of action.

Hope you've got a job lined up to go to when it arrives.

Cheers

AB