EAD approved 140 Pending

erickm

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I have completed my 6 years on H1B and am on EAD right now .
140 pending : ND - June 19 2002
485 ND - September 26

My current employer is going out of business and he is indicating to cancel my
140 and 485 . Can I apply for 140 and 485 with approved LC from a different company ..?
any thoughts or suggestions

Thanks in adavance

One must have approved I-140 to use AC21

It is my understanding that one must have approved I-140 to use AC21.

Otherwise, in case of a RFE to I-140, previous employer might not provide the requested documents, which would make the I-140 application void.

It's safe to have approved I-140 before using AC21.

I140 & I-485 Pending for more than six months

Hi All,

Can any body who is expert in this forum or who has an similar experiences pl post your opinion on the above issue.
There are so many people who r going thru the same problems.
those people whose I-140 and I-1485 pending more than 6 months and either employeer laif off or employer shut downs the business then whats the fate of the candidate.

thanks for the help

Try to avoid using the AC-21 before I-140 approval. What is meant using AC-21? Is it informing the BCIS about job change or just changing the job without informing BCIS.

If you have option avoid it. But in my case i did not have that luxury. I was laid two months after applying for I-485. I wanted job. I switched the Job (Then i think I used AC 21?). I did not inform anyone.

After long wait my I-140 got approved. I do not know further what happens. Nobody is sure. You have to decide on your own.
It is your call.

Only thing you have to see is your employer should not revoke your I-140. In that issue mine is big story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry - I did note that 140 is still pending for erickm.

As vxmehra98 has mentioned, 140 must be approved to use AC21 portablility.

Hi All

Thanks for quick response.
Tammy did your company cancel your 140 if not how did you get around that .? - can I reapply for 140 with different LC even though I am EAD?
Please respond

ErrickM

Apply for EAD renewal. they will open your I-140 case. There is chance. When are you expecting your layoff (say offfice closure)?