EAD approve, how long will it take to get card

wor

Registered Users (C)
I just got an email this morning for USIS:
On November 23, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
How long will it take to get this card?

-Sept. 12 EAD, I30, and I 485 file
RD: Sept. 18
Fingerpring: October 1, 2004
EAD approve: Nov. 23, 2004

Waiting for EAD card now but don't know how long it will take.

@@@

Week to 10 days ( max!!)
All the best

wor said:
I just got an email this morning for USIS:
On November 23, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
How long will it take to get this card?

-Sept. 12 EAD, I30, and I 485 file
RD: Sept. 18
Fingerpring: October 1, 2004
EAD approve: Nov. 23, 2004

Waiting for EAD card now but don't know how long it will take.

I got the first email when the card was approved (the message was similar to yours) and another email after the card was mailed. It took 3 days to reach me after the message said the card was mailed.

Did you file your 485 in Sept '04? and got FP in October? Wow!! That's fast.

Yeah, I did FP on October 1, 2004. I received a notice when my application was received asking me to go and do biometric and fingerprint. Do it take a long time for others to do FP? Two weeks after my FP, I checked my case status online and my FP had been received.

Thanks for the reply guys. I'm wating for the EAD so bad.
-Wor

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't gotten my FP yet. My wife got her's in Mar '04
Our RD for 140 & 485 : 11/17/2003
EB-3 Concurrent

Skumard, you should be able to do FP by now. Have you contacted anyone at USCIS? When I got the notice about my application been received, they told me to go ahead and do FP and Biometric.

wor,
Thanks for the suggestion and sounds like a wonderful idea.

I haven't contacted USCIS yet but, our lawyer said he sent couple of emails to them and there's no response so far. I am not sure if they allow me to do FP now without showing any letter or FP notice etc. Did you give your FP without showing them any letter or notice from USCIS? Did they ask you any questions? How did you manage? Could you please give me few more details so that I can give a shot at?

I would really appreciate if you can provide me few more details.

Hi Skumard,
October 5, 2004 I got a Notice of Action(I-797C) from UCIS telling me that my application had been received and that I had to go at a UCIS Application Support Center(ASC). I went to the one in Charlotte, NC. They did not give me appointment or time that I had to the FP. I made my own appointmet @ info pass and went in the next day. It was really easy. I took my passport and I-797C they send me. They took my pictures (for I-765 and I485) and did my fingerprint. For I-765 I had one finger fingerprinted but for I-485 they fingerprinted on all my 10 finger. Yeah, all 10. All my fingerprints pass. And the guy told me that I was going to get my EAD in about 30-90 days. He stamped and signed my I-797C. That was it. I even found out that they take walk in. I think you need to make an appointment @ info pass and talk to someone. I don't trust those people on their Customer Service line. You have to wait one hour to talk to someone who will, most time, give you the wrong information. Good luck. Keep us posted on your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
wor,
I really do appreciate your prompt and detailed response.

I am not sure if they are going to accept me for the FP as I was not asked by USCIS to go get the FP done. I am sorry, what and with whom were you suggesting me to talk about after taking the infopass apptmt.?

I will try to get the apptmt. for my FP and let you know the progress

thank you

Did you get any notice from UCIS about you application been received? If you have a notice(I-797C) take that with you and talk to immigration officer. They will tell you what to do at that point. Just tell them that you have not yet had a FP done. Fingerpint is a really IMPORTANT point in the I485 process. Do all you can to get it done.

Finally got EAD

Finally got my EAD this morning. Here is my timeline:

EAD application received: Sept. 18, 2004
FP: October 6, 2004
EAD approved: November 18, 2004
Got EAD: November 29, 2004

Good luck to you all.

To Wor

Hi Wor,
U say ur EAD is approved on Nov 18th. Does this means EAD is mailed to you or Nov 18th is the day it is approved?.

My EAD is mailed on Nov 18th and i have not yet go in mail bu my wife got is. So started getting worry.

Can u please reply.

Thanks,

TSC: EAD approved in 18 days!

Hi,
TSC is really on fire.
Here's my timeline:

EAD application received: Nov 5th, 2004
FP: Not required (can somebody explain this?)
EAD approved: November 23, 2004 (checked status on USCIS website)
Got EAD: November 29, 2004 (in the mail, both of them husband's and mine)

Good luck everybody!

Hi everyone,
My EAD got approve on the November 18, 2004 (that's the date on the card). I got it in the mail on Nov. 29 (yesterday). It took me 9 days to receive it. Good luck to you all.

-Wor

wor said:
Finally got my EAD this morning. Here is my timeline:

EAD application received: Sept. 18, 2004
FP: October 6, 2004
EAD approved: November 18, 2004
Got EAD: November 29, 2004

Good luck to you all.

Congrats Wor

My 485 ND is Dec 2003. My FP has nt been done yet.

I have applied for AP2 online. So, when they call me for biometric for AP, can I do the FP for 485 also?

Did you get FP notice for your 485 or only biometric notice for your EAD?

THanks

EAD Approved/Card Ordered..?

Guys,
I am little confused here..We( I and my wife) applied for EAD/AP with notice date of 11/16.Yesterday we received the emails from USCIS.My wife's emails says "On December 1, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready"..But my status says "This case has been approved. On December 2, 2004, an approval notice was mailed..etc "..What is the difference between these two messages..?

Thanks

For GCVA

My EAD was approved Nov 23 and I received my card in the email on the 29th. I received both of the messages that you got. They mean the same, that your EAD has been approved.

dino5 said:
My EAD was approved Nov 23 and I received my card in the email on the 29th. I received both of the messages that you got. They mean the same, that your EAD has been approved.

Thanks Dino..I have received my EAD Card today by mail..Waiting to receive my wife's card.

gcva..which service center you are from ? NSC

gcva..which service center you are from ? NSC..I am from NSC & waiting for EAD / AP for more than 2 months...see my signature..Thanks in advance