EAD Approvals (Specify New or Renewal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current processing monts for EAD approval??

Hi Guys,

What is the latest approval rate for EAD, I mean in terms of number of months. Is it again over 4 months?

Thnx,

EAD approved

wac032175.... (new)
RD 7/22/03
AD 11/25/03 (on-line status)
Card ordered.

4 months and 3 days.

WAC03224**** (Renew)
RD : 07/31/2003
AD: 11/25/2003

My Wife's EAD also Got Approved on Same Date.

Last edited by a moderator:
got iEAD

I got my iEAD this Tuesday couple days before Thanksgiving.
I got up late and by the time I got to Phoenix INS it was already
7:30AM, I thought I was in for a long day but it turned out there weren't as many people (maybe due to Holidays?).

My number was A-016. Went with copy of I-140, I-485, I-765 and showed driver's license. No problems. Then after waiting a bit
a staff called me to get photo and finger print. Gave me the iEAD right there. When I got out, it was around 10AM.

I have a few questions though:

1) when I eventually get my original EAD through the mail, then does that supersede the iEAD? So I should just discard the iEAD?

2) I'm on H1B until Dec 15, do I just show the HR the iEAD? What other documents or forms needs to get done so that I can continue working after H1B expiration?

By the way, I'm in AOS and
WAC-02-064-5xxxx
ND: Jan 4, 2001

I'll appreciate any info on this.

Phoenix Saint.

Re: got iEAD

Originally posted by phoenixsaint
I got my iEAD this Tuesday couple days before Thanksgiving.
I got up late and by the time I got to Phoenix INS it was already
7:30AM, I thought I was in for a long day but it turned out there weren't as many people (maybe due to Holidays?).

My number was A-016. Went with copy of I-140, I-485, I-765 and showed driver's license. No problems. Then after waiting a bit
a staff called me to get photo and finger print. Gave me the iEAD right there. When I got out, it was around 10AM.

I have a few questions though:

1) when I eventually get my original EAD through the mail, then does that supersede the iEAD? So I should just discard the iEAD?
-----Yes, it superseeds the iEAD. Just Keep it as a token..

2) I'm on H1B until Dec 15, do I just show the HR the iEAD? What other documents or forms needs to get done so that I can continue working after H1B expiration?
---Yes, You can as well do it rightaway. The HR will ask you to fill I-9 form when you change the status to EAD from H1B.

By the way, I'm in AOS and
WAC-02-064-5xxxx
ND: Jan 4, 2001

I'll appreciate any info on this.

Phoenix Saint.

kingno, thanks for the help.

Oh, by the way, with the EAD, can I work another job in addition
to my current one? If so, will that affect my AOS negatively at all?

Thanks again.

Phoenixsaint.

EAD approved

My wife and my case approved yesterday, according to online message.

RD: 8/19
AD: 12/1

It only takes a little over 3 months, not bad.

It was filed consurrently with I-140, I-485 and I-131. Still waiting for I-140, hope they can reach the case soon.

A few days after I got my iEAD I finally get the actual EAD through
mail! If I'd received it just a few days earlier that would have saved me a trip to the local INS and waiting in line. But, I had to be on the safe side.

EAD approved 11/28/03
EAD received 12/1//03
WAC: 03224xxxxx

I need some info people:

With the EAD can I work another job in addition to my current job?
If so, can it negatively affect my AOS?

Thanks everyone.
Phoenixsaint.:)

A few days after I got my iEAD I finally get the actual EAD through
mail! If I'd received it just a few days earlier that would have saved me a trip to the local INS and waiting in line. But, I had to be on the safe side.

EAD approved 11/28/03
EAD received 12/1//03
WAC: 03224xxxxx

I need some info people:

With the EAD can I work another job in addition to my current job?
If so, can it negatively affect my AOS?

Thanks everyone.
Phoenixsaint.:)
Yes, you can work another job and it definitely wont affect the current AOS. But, your permanent job may restrict you in working different job.

kingno1, thanks for your reply.
How can my permanent job restrict working additional job?
Do you mean contractual obligations? Or time constraint?

Thanks.
Phoenix Saint

Finally, my Feb 06 filed EAD was approved on Dec. 10. I had an iEAD from San Jose in June while I140 was still pending but RFE had been just sent. RFE for EAD requested in Nov. sent late Nov. Reason? INS lost the marriage certificate copy.
Bic.

kingno1, thanks for your reply.
How can my permanent job restrict working additional job?
Do you mean contractual obligations? Or time constraint?

Thanks.
Phoenix Saint
I meant to say contractual obligations. Unless someone can show some light who actually did this..Nice way to spend the christmas shutdowns...:p

EAD renewal filed - not yet approved

I efiled my EAD renewal on Jun 28th 2003, not yet approved. Talked to National Customer Service center person, and they have put status enquiry on my case. Anybody in the same situation?

WAC03800XXXXX

RD: 26th august, 2003/1st EAD, EB3 Concurrently filed, Subsitite labor.

My EAd is not yet approved!!!!!!
How long is it taking to get EAD approved right now?

Thanks.:(

EAD Approved

ND : Aug 28th, 03
Online message says This case has been approved. On December 17, 2003, an approval notice was mailed

Nd 7/8/2003
December 9th 2003 i received a letter indicating that my i765 has been transfered to LA local office.
please can any body help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.