EAD Approval Notices sent but only 1 received

keepupdahope

Registered Users (C)
I received emails on July 16th saying that EAD approval notices for both my wife and myself have been sent out on July 16th. Card production for both cases had been ordered on July 12th.

I received the approval notice for my EAD on July 18th, however there's nothing yet for my wife. Anyone in a similar situation or that has been through a similar situation and can share your experience / offer advice?

Thanks.

Hi

I don't have an answer to your question. I hope to find answer for my question.

By approval notice do you mean you received the EAD card or did you receive a paper notice stating that your EAD was approved?

Thank you

Hi

I don't have an answer to your question. I hope to find answer for my question.

By approval notice do you mean you received the EAD card or did you receive a paper notice stating that your EAD was approved?

Thank you

The approval notice is a paper notice stating approval and most importantly contains the physical card.

It happend to me, my wife and my AP were approved same date( and mailed , but mine came 4 days later than hers.

I know the pain , but hang in there , you should get it
Good luck

The approval notice is a paper notice stating approval and most importantly contains the physical card.

It happend to me, my wife and my AP were approved same date( and mailed , but mine came 4 days later than hers.

I know the pain , but hang in there , you should get it
Good luck

Thanks Kahuna - appreciate the booster. It's been over a week and nothing yet, hence the anxiety.

While trying to stay positive I'm looking to see what would be the next steps in case we do not receive it. USCIS customer service says they will investigate the issue only after 30 days which is fine. The concerning bit is that they will treat the EAD as being lost at that point ( if in fact they do not receive it back either) so we will have to re-apply. I'm wondering if this would be a 3-4 months once again and thereby the concern.

keepupdahope,
I am in your shoes dude, just hang in there.... LOOK at my signature... i am worried about it because it's taking forever to come.

Good luck

keepupdahope,
I called them today and said what you said. You might need to discuss this with your employer. They might be just fine to let you back after you a get a letter from the local office stating that you have been approved. That's what I will do...

Good luck

Hassan2007,

I'm alright for now on my H1. The issue is my wife needs to have the card in order to apply for her social security, apply for a job, get auto insurance etc. I hope the USCIS will let us go to the local office after the 30 day period and issue the card. But from what I've read it doesn't appear to be that straightforward.

Finally got it.

We called customer service after the 30 day waiting period. They assigned us a case number. I had no hopes and was planning on re-applying within a week after raising the service request had we not heard anything. Couple of days after the service request was raised I received a notification saying 'they have mailed the new card directly to the address they had on file'.

Today we received the card. Approved July 16th - card finally arrives Aug 24th.

I would recommend raising a service request as it worked in our case.