• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EAD approval means Green Card will be approved?

mjr

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if getting my EAD approved is a good sign , and could mean that my GC will be also get approved soon?. Or one thing has nothing to do with the other?.
thank you :)
mjr

no clear correlation

Hello. It's good that your EAD was approved, but it's unclear how much it helps in regard to permanent residence. The EAD doesn't require the same level of scrutiny (background name checks and such) that the I-485 does. The EAD is also not subjected to the limited availability that permanent residence is, especially with the diversity lottery. That being said, any approval is good news, since a rejection would otherwise probably raise a red flag in your other application(s).

Good luck. I know the wait is very painful and I really hope you get some good news soon.

researcher29 said:
Hello. It's good that your EAD was approved, but it's unclear how much it helps in regard to permanent residence. The EAD doesn't require the same level of scrutiny (background name checks and such) that the I-485 does. The EAD is also not subjected to the limited availability that permanent residence is, especially with the diversity lottery. That being said, any approval is good news, since a rejection would otherwise probably raise a red flag in your other application(s).

Good luck. I know the wait is very painful and I really hope you get some good news soon.

Thank you so much for the fast response!. It is amazing how nerve racking thing could be. I guess I have to be pacient. Next tuesday will be two weeks since my interview, and I'm hoping to hear some news soon. Meanwhile, I have my EAD which is good too. I just cross my finger hoping that they got all my paperwork and they are working on it.
Have a great day, and it is nice of you to come back to the forum eventough you already have a GC :)
mjr