EAD approval email: ??

jsn_lee

Registered Users (C)
I applied for my 5th EAD two weeks back. Today I got an approval email for EAD,
saying that 'approval notice' mailed for EAD. I have never received an approval notice for EAD in past 4 years. They have always sent the EAD card production email and then the card in mail...

Has anyone else got 'approval notice' email for EAD ?

-jsn

yes

Yes me too had the same doubt.
I called them after not really receiving any approval notice separately than the
card.
The representative told that the EAD card itself arrives with approval notice.
If u look at it, it says 797 notice of action on the paper that comes with EAD.
As long as u get the card, that's good.

Which Service Center did you apply to ?

Hi:
I applied for an EAD extension as well to the Texas Service Center and they received the application yesterday. Did you apply to Texas Service Center as well ? If so, can you please tell me how long (number of days) it took for
1. getting a Receipt Number
2. Having the application approved.

THANX !!!

Which service Center? I have applied my 5 th EAD on 15th (they recd it) at TSC ..so far my check not cashed and no receipt number? How long they took to send receipt ? approved in two weeks?

Thanks

Which service Center? I have applied my 5 th EAD on 15th (they recd it) at TSC ..so far my check not cashed and no receipt number? How long they took to send receipt ? approved in two weeks?

Thanks

there is no fix timing.....my EAD has been pending with TSC for more than four months now...........I am very frustrated and do not know what to do....

Any idea?

that is plain ridiculous ead pending for more than 4 months, file a lawsuit man, honestly what are we supposed to do if we are not maintaining our H1s? starve and die until they approve our EAD. Bunch of Jokers these USCIS. Its just a disgrace to US's image worldwide, on top of it we have to renew our ead's not once in 2 years or 3 years but every year

My current EAD has already been expired and I do not have H-1. I can't quit a job because I have to bring food for my family everyday..............

I dunno what to do

I applied for my 5th EAD two weeks back. Today I got an approval email for EAD,
saying that 'approval notice' mailed for EAD. I have never received an approval notice for EAD in past 4 years. They have always sent the EAD card production email and then the card in mail...

Has anyone else got 'approval notice' email for EAD ?

-jsn
4th EAD for Family:
1- Children (four) EAD approved today 10/23/2007 (TSC)
2- Wife EAD approved yesterday 10/16/2007 (NBC) - Received EAD but no approval notice.
3- No activity on I485s

My current EAD has already been expired and I do not have H-1. I can't quit a job because I have to bring food for my family everyday..............

I dunno what to do
ijaffery
You must use local office service to get interim EAD, congressman should help in this. Take INFOPASS, keep calling service center.

go to www.uscis.gov and look for schedule an appointmnet link on lower right corner. this will take you to infopass website. Take an apointment at the nearest local office stating the reason as EAd pending for more than 90 days. Go to the office on the scheduled appt time the officer will send an email to TSC or NSC to expedite your case processing.

They are not issuing interim EAD's these days. I read somewhere that it is illegal to work while EAD renewal pending. But some say you are fine until 180 days. Not sure. I tend to believe the 180 days policy it applies to H-1B status also.

I dunno what to do

ijaffery, you could do the following

1. goto USCIS local office with your receipt, as local USCIS cannot give interim EAD's they will send the appropriate request for NBC to follow up.
2. talk to local senator, this will certainly help
3. fax an expedite request to the corresponding service center to process your EAD, as it's due since 4 months
4. call USCIS POJ method

You cannot work using the EAD renewal receipt notice. It's very sure and certain that atleast one should click.

My receipt date was Oct. 2nd 2007. And my approval email was on was on Oct. 22nd. So it took then 3 weeks to approve. I applied at TSC.

-jsn

My receipt date was Oct. 2nd 2007. And my approval email was on was on Oct. 22nd. So it took then 3 weeks to approve. I applied at TSC.

-jsn

I mailed my ead renewal application last week to texas service center. They received it on friday.
How soon can I expect them to cash the fee check??
I am a little worried because last year I filed for renewal at vermont service center and this year when I mailed my application to vermont they mailed it back to me that I should mail it to Texas service center because now they have jurisdiction over my local office(washington office).
My 485 case is pending at DC office(stuck in name check).

I have heard there are receipt delays at all service center these days but they do cash the checks pretty quickly.

I mailed my ead renewal application last week to texas service center. They received it on friday.
How soon can I expect them to cash the fee check??
I am a little worried because last year I filed for renewal at vermont service center and this year when I mailed my application to vermont they mailed it back to me that I should mail it to Texas service center because now they have jurisdiction over my local office(washington office).
My 485 case is pending at DC office(stuck in name check).

I have heard there are receipt delays at all service center these days but they do cash the checks pretty quickly.

Zkhan,
Not to bother you or something but my case is also stuck in the local office after interview and I have been filing for EAD for the last 3 times at MSC or National benfits in CHicago Lock box.
Call USCIS and ask them where you need to file.

I used paper filing. And for paper filing if one has already done FP code-3 (biometrics) then they usually do not require you to do it for 765.

My experience in past to expedite EAD processing are:

1. Paper file

2. Fee in form of Money order, which ensures that your case is ready for processing and does not have to wait till your check is cleared (if you send a check instead of money order).

3. Mail your form to their physical address to Augustine Rd. Dallas, TX by Fedex. The P.O. box address in Mesquite, TX is a sorting facility only, and once the mail gets sorted it's taken to Dallas office for processing which adds to the delay. I know Fedex is a bit of drain on pocket, but what's the priority here..?

2. Attach all possible documentation
a. Cover letter with short paragraph on what are you applying and in what category (C-9) . Mark the mailing envelope with type of form as well (I-765 Renewal, I-485 based)
b. form + photo + fee (money order)
c. copy of I-485 receipt notice and I-140 approval
d. Copies of all previous I-765 approvals and receipt notices
e. Copy of FP code-3 biometric notice
f. copy of all H-1 documentation
g. copy of latest I-94
h. copy of Advance Parole, if you used it to enter it last time.
I. copy of passport (all pages)

Few stuff seems redundant, but I do it because all the supporting documents are for whatever you have specified in your I-765 application form. So, when officer is looking at your case and needs to verify the information in your application form and if the supporting documents are right there in front of him then it's just easy and quick for him to reach any conclusion on your case. Otherwise, he has to request documents from your main file (which contains all the documentation you must have sent to USICIS along with 485 or any other application) which takes time, and if the documents are not present in your main file as well, then he has to generate an RFE. And, the officer is not only looking at your file, he/she has hundereds of them in front of him...so any missing document puts you in back of the queue...

These are just my opinion from my experience and reading on various newsgroups and immigration websites. Please don't it as legal advice or something of that sort..

-jsn

I used paper filing. And for paper filing if one has already done FP code-3 (biometrics) then they usually do not require you to do it for 765.

My experience in past to expedite EAD processing are:

1. Paper file

2. Fee in form of Money order, which ensures that your case is ready for processing and does not have to wait till your check is cleared (if you send a check instead of money order).

3. Mail your form to their physical address to Augustine Rd. Dallas, TX by Fedex. The P.O. box address in Mesquite, TX is a sorting facility only, and once the mail gets sorted it's taken to Dallas office for processing which adds to the delay. I know Fedex is a bit of drain on pocket, but what's the priority here..?

2. Attach all possible documentation
a. Cover letter with short paragraph on what are you applying and in what category (C-9) . Mark the mailing envelope with type of form as well (I-765 Renewal, I-485 based)
b. form + photo + fee (money order)
c. copy of I-485 receipt notice and I-140 approval
d. Copies of all previous I-765 approvals and receipt notices
e. Copy of FP code-3 biometric notice
f. copy of all H-1 documentation
g. copy of latest I-94
h. copy of Advance Parole, if you used it to enter it last time.
I. copy of passport (all pages)

Few stuff seems redundant, but I do it because all the supporting documents are for whatever you have specified in your I-765 application form. So, when officer is looking at your case and needs to verify the information in your application form and if the supporting documents are right there in front of him then it's just easy and quick for him to reach any conclusion on your case. Otherwise, he has to request documents from your main file (which contains all the documentation you must have sent to USICIS along with 485 or any other application) which takes time, and if the documents are not present in your main file as well, then he has to generate an RFE. And, the officer is not only looking at your file, he/she has hundereds of them in front of him...so any missing document puts you in back of the queue...

These are just my opinion from my experience and reading on various newsgroups and immigration websites. Please don't it as legal advice or something of that sort..

-jsn

I agree with JSN but I would personally like to give out a check. It delays the process by 2 days but atleast you can easily track it. IT is a pain to call the money order 800 hotline to know if the moneyorder was cashed.
One more thing write your A # on all photos ( back of the photo) and all checks you submit.
They only require Biometrics page of the passport.
This is what I have been doing for last 4 renewals .

I-765 pending for 135 days----HELP !!

Hello all,
I am renewing my EAD (on the back of an E2 visa belonging to my wife on which I'm the dependant) and filed june 14 2007 with the vermont service center. A month later i went for my biometrics appointment but since then nothing at all.
Problem is, my previous EAD expired and my employer nicely agreed to rehire me in europe until the new EAD arrives. My wife and children stayed in the US though.
This joke has now lasted for 135 days and still no news at all and it's seriously impacting my children and also the relationship with my firm.

Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do to speed things up or at least why it's taking so long ?

Oh yes, I also called customer service to let them know i was way outside the normal processing time so they took my complaint and said I should receive a letter within 45 DAYS telling me what's going on !!!

Please at this point any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.