EAD Appointment in NYC

I guess not many people visiting this site are from NYC.

I would appreciate if you share your experience wih us after you get your EAD.

Thanks,
AmIinTrouble

An EAD Interview is a pretty simple thing.

You go to the INS office where your scheduled appt is: try and be there 30 mins before the scheduled appt.

Once you are done with security checks and stuff they will ask you to take a seat and the EAD officer will call you.

They will ask you to submit any previous EAD's you may have and will ask you to sign the EAD card along with your right index finger print. They will then click your picture and you are done.

I got my EAD today from Newark, NJ.

I reached the office at the time they wanted me to be there. I went to the window, submitted my appointment letter and was asked to wait.

After a few hours, I was called to the window again, and asked if I had the original receipt letter. After I showed it, I was asked if I had a copy of the same receipt letter and I said yes. (The appointment letter asked me to carry a copy of a lot of forms and documents.) When she saw me taking out a big bundle of copies of all document, the immigration officer was impressed and she said, "You actually followed all the instructions!, that's very good" and I just smiled back.

I was then asked to go to another room and wait. After some time, a whole bunch of people were called in along with me. They took photographs for the EAD. After 5-10 min, I was handed my EAD card.

I am not sure if going in early helps or not. When I went to get my EAD picture, my group had people who were there before me and people who came in after me.

Regards,
AmIinTrouble

Does anoyone of you remember if you had your A# printed on the appointment letter that was sent to you.

Worried - please reply guys

sachin,
my q. was if your EAD appointment letter had A# written on it

I have an EAD appointment in NY in Dec. The appointment letter doesnot have any A# on it. But after I got the EAD appointment letter I also got AP appointment letter and so got my AP. On my AP there is an A# . My Q is that is it normal and usual for EAD appointment letter NOT to have A#. ( Should I tell INS officer that I already have A#) . How is he/she going to issue me EAD- just on my last name?

please reply guys. i am worried

One more thing - i am in NY . The EAD appointment letter I got was on a very thin paper ( typed). I could not even get it photocopied? Was yours also so thin?

Re: Worried - please reply guys

I did reply to your message via e-mail but I will post it again for the others..

The INS will assign an A# number for you when they open and process your file. They should have written your alien # on the EAD appt notice. If not don’t worry about it they will ask you to bring your EAD letter along with an ID to the INS office. INS cannot issue you an EAD appt notice unless the I485 has been filed. So you are good to go don't worry about it.

When you get your EAD it will have your alien number on it.

Hope this helps

Sachin.

re

i got my first receipt after i submitted my papers, i am married to US citizen, the receipt says i should have my EAD by 25th-Feb 2003.
the question is does EAD process always takes 90 days or can be faster also???... i need EAD asap as i want to change my job...

The time to issue depends on where it was filed.

Newark, NJ takes 90 days. You can check the time on this site for the location where you sent your file.

Regards,
AmIinTrouble

Ead

well, Unfortunately i did file in Newark,NJ... That means no later then 90 days....

AP in new york

ashikaul; I have a question for you? How long did it take you to get an appointment for AP. I applied in Oct and I have to travel in Feb. I am little worried that it may not processed in time. I'd appreciate your response....

I applied on Aug 3 ( receipt date on the yellow receipt) and I got letter for AP on 14th Oct. and had "interview" for AP on Oct 21. However I got EAD appointment letter on Aug 30 for Dec.

So in my case,AP was done in 2.5 months.hope this helps

F2B , EAD at NYC

F2B Priority Date became current during Nov.

Received receipt for I-485, EAD, AP dated Nov, 13th 2002.

In many of the resume submission for upcoming contracting positions with major corporations, EAC number is required in addition to SSN. But for applications submitted at Local District Office, there is no EAC number assigned to the application. INS customer service adviced to use the copy of the receipt as a proof. I dont even see A# on it.

I wonder what is a standard timelines for EAD/AP at NYC.

THX