EAD applied twice !!!!

lareds

Registered Users (C)
Well, here is very unique situation

My EAD is going to expire in July and last week I have been trying to reach my attorney. I left a message saying I need to talk to him about apply for my EAD and later I got to know that he is not available for the rest of week.

After reading all the posts/ experiences here, I changed my mind and e-filed my and my wife’s EAD couple of days ago.

Meanwhile , my attorney without my knowledge has e-filed my EAD and made appointment with ASC and sent the details by mail today.

Coincidentally, both my EAD are applied on same day and have 2 appointments at same ASC within 2 hours gap.

I don’t think anyone here had similar experience but does anyone know what options I have. I don’t really care about the $$$ lost - I am fine as long as I will get my EAD on time.

Can I withdraw one of the EAD ? If so, how?
What is the affect on approval of one of my EAD?
Should I honor 2 appointments at ASC?

Oh boy, this is so frustrating. Wish my attorney is near to me, I would have .....

PS: I have posted this on CSC forum also. I appreciate your input. Thanks

I believe you will fine the only thing is you lose some money which you dont care about too much.

I have two EADs pending but not exactly as yours. My 1st one has been pending since Oct. 2002 (not typo) still pending till today. Three months before my 1st iEAD expire date, I submiited second application of EAD. About one month before my 1st iEAD expires, I went to local office and get 2nd iEAD while I have both EAD applications pending. Now my 1st EAD case is still pending and my second EAD case has been approved in about 2 months. Hoe this give you some ideas. By the way I am with CSC.

I think You will be fine and No need to worry much.

But for double confirmation please National Customer Service Center in early morning after just 8am. # is 1-800-375-5283 and ask them.

I think oce again this very very minor issue.